Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

more HP

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by buster boy, Feb 11, 2005.

1. buster boy

buster boy Registered Member

Hey ,I have a 86 burb , gmc ,350 ci ,700r4 1/2 ton 4wd ,6 in lift nice mudders ,nice ride ,the motor is a goodwrench 350 ,(8000) mls & im wanting to get rid of the old quad carb & intake & go edelbrock is ther a setup some one can recomend? also I,d like to remove the smog pump & all those flipin hoses ,maybe the egr valve too! is that copish or will it give me probs?

thanx

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

copish? If you haven't had problems with the QJet stick with it. Edelbrock Performer is a decent intake in my book. I like the Thunder AVS carb for on road use, haven't had it off road so no comment there. Loosing the airpump is good to reduce drag on your motor but if you need it for emissions you may be in trouble come inspection time. As for the EGR, unless you have to remove it I wouldn't. It helps with emissions and it really doesn't affect power . Yeah it heats up the air charge but on a basically stock motor don't worry about it. headers are a great way to power, but they are also a big pain in the but sometimes(my burb has a nice collector leak I can't fix).

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

you'll regret getting rid of the quadrajet, nothing else works as good off camber as a good old QJet.

4. the fall guy

the fall guy Registered Member

TRUST ME....KEEP THE Q JET AAND EGR. I put a holley street avenger on my truck and removed the egr...now I have to put the egr back on because it keeps knocking when hot and the holley ices up in the damp cold. I would get a Q Jet back on but I have too much time and money invested on the holley. If you live in warmer climates then don't worry about the icing part. I highly suggest intake and headers will do alot for that engine.