Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

more info to help price my jimmy

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by hotrod3791, Feb 24, 2002.

1. hotrod3791

hotrod3791 Registered Member

well i may have run into a little snag with my jimmy. It seems like i have to many trucks in my neighbors eyes and i might have to get rid of one, guess which one. I was asked by my wife to get rid of the jimmy. Her reasons were A i have enough toys. B i already have a jeep with a plow. C i havent had it long enough to get attached to it. and D because she said so. I am trying to figure out how much to sell it for. It is a 1972 GMC Jimmy with a plow. As far as i know everything is stock. IT has a 350 but i was also told it was a 327 and a 4 speed. If someone tell me how to post pics i will or tell me what you wnat and ill email them to you. the body is bad. it needs new springs front and rear. it has new brakes and a tune up. if there is anything that any one wants to know just ask and ill post thanks in advance.

what do you mean i cant bring home another truck?&lt;P ID="edit"&gt;&lt;FONT class="small"&gt;&lt;EM&gt;Edited by hotrod3791 on 02/26/02 01:51 PM.&lt;/EM&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/P&gt;<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by hotrod3791 on 03/01/02 09:47 AM.</FONT></P>

2. Dave_S

Dave_S Registered Member

Re: need an price info

Where are you located?

3. hotrod3791

i am located in the Quad Cities on the IA/IL border

what do you mean i cant bring home another truck?

4. hotrod3791

someone has to have some idea what it is worth.

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Hmmm well I think pics would help but it sounds like it has been a 'plow truck' for quite some time so my first guess would be 2000 to 2500. just a guess I don't know or have any thing to compare that too so..............

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Burt4x4>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Burt4x4</a>

6. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I'll help you out bro..........500.00 cash money!! (HAHA) kidding, Maybe the paper or if they have a auto trader there you could look in that and see what others are going for. Its a little hard to tell what a truck is worth when you live in a different time zone. Trucks in cali. maybe more than in texas or vice-versa. Good luck

The Red Beast

7. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

Re: need help pricing my jimmy

well with the body being bad and needing stuff i would say no more than 1200, if it runs. the plow would bring it up a bit more.
    the following may add a bit more to the price tag, aswell.
    did it come with A/C??
    does it have a tach??
    double or single wall top??
    is it a CST??
    tilt wheel??
    skid plates??

my 2 cents. pics would be helpfull.

ARQ.

offroad baja!!!
    72 4x4 CST Blazer
    71 4x4 CST Blazer
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/ArqDennis>My Pics</a>

8. NuBombs72K5

NuBombs72K5 1/2 ton status

Before advertising check on the condition of the windshield frame and the rocker boxes as these are areas that tend to be more difficult to repair. I agree with arq on the estimate. I bought mine for $2500 and those two areas were in good shape, but the rest needed some work. Mine is a CST with a/c (doesn't work), tilt, no tach and no skid plates. If the bad body parts are just doors, fenders, and rockers then it will be worth a little more.

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albuo30>See My Blazer</a>

9. hotrod3791

sorry its been a couple of days guys but this is what i have for you. i do have pics so if someone can tell me how to post them i will. it is a custom 1500. NO a/c, tach, tilt wheel, or skid plates. the plow does leak but works well i have used it since i bought it. The guy i bought it off of said he mainly used it as a plow truck since he bought. the title says 1978 so he used it as a plow truck for a while. i have tried to find a price around here but it seems alls i can find are restored ones not a beat up one. now would i be better off advertising it on this website or somewhere else? i would like to see it go to a good home ASAP so anymore help would be great thanks guys.

10. hotrod3791

just bringing it to the top to try and get more info thanks