Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

More lift in rear?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stockk5, Sep 7, 2005.

1. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Alright so my plans are sorta staring to come together. I have 6" springs for the front of my truck, gonna put a zero rate so ill have 7" lift front.. since the rear seems to sag either way, stock or w/ the 4" lift i have now, would a 4" shackle flip plus the 4" block in the rear be a good idea for 8" of lift or no? Do blocks and shackle flips not mix? Who here runs more lift in the rear than front?

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Blocks, largely, are bad.

You could do 4" springs in the back with the shackle flip ... be much flexier than 8" springs would have been, good choice.

Search for Desert Rat's posts, as he had TONS of fun getting his truck balanced and he's got pretty much the same plan you have.

-- A

3. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

yeah i know i could and would like to do 4" spring rear... thats a ton of money i dont have... but we'll see.. all takes time.

4. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Crap, don't remind me. My truck is actually doing well for only starting the build this year (though I'd been gathering parts for a year before that) ... but yeah, 4x4 in uppercase is $X$. And time consuming as all get out!

-- A

5. scrappy88

scrappy88 1/2 ton status

How about use the 6" front springs, save the zero rates and put them on the rear with a 4" shackle flip and extended shackles, should put you at 6" or slightly over in the rear. I used the 4" shackle flip and longer shackles from DIY4x.. came out pretty nice, rear end sits just a bit higher than the front.