Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MORE LIFT!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rjfguitar, Sep 2, 2003.

1. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I recently went 3/4 ton and the rear 14 boltFF brought the rear up about an inch from the bigger axle tube. I sat level before 3/4ton swap with a 6" procomp lift and a 3" body lift. now it is just a little bit taller in the back and I prefer a level look. What is the best and/or the easiest way to gain another 1" in the front? Thanks.

no comments about transmissions please. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

85K5 3/4 ton,14boltFF,10bolt, 9"lift,35"boggers,16.5x14 welds, big horse 406SBC/700R4 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Zero rates would be the easiest way to go. If you don't haul very often and you have a 1" overload leaf in the rear you could remove that as well. That's how I lost an inch on my truck to level it out. I would rather go down than up, in your case that would be my recommendation too since you have so much lift with not so much in the way of tires...</font>

3. BamBamblazer

BamBamblazer 1/2 ton status

I can answer that with one word........... zore-rate. Ok so that might technicly be two words but you get the point. That is gunna be the only way to go!!

4. rjfguitar

This will sound kind of dumb guys but I've heard of zero rates but don't know exactly what they are, but I think shackles. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif I do lots of heavy towing and I would like to go up higher instead of down. I like lots of lift to where the tires are almost out of the fender wells, and the 35x16 bogger doesn't look small to me. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gifThanks guys.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> A zero rate, in the simplest terms, is a 1" block that bolts to the spring pack with the center pin, the same way an an add-a-leaf bolts in. So they call it a zero rate add-a-leaf, as in a zero spring rate. </font>

6. rjfguitar

Ah, I see, where can I get a set.

7. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

ORD has them....

8. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

Well... I'd go 700r4.... and zero rates... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. rjfguitar

Oh boy... not this again /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I would say just wait because it won't be long before your rear springs sag an inch and it looks level.

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I say you get bigger tires.

12. rjfguitar

I like my 35"boggers they look good with 9" of lift, Just barelly in the fenderwells, and stick way out because of the 14's just the way I like it. 38's would be stuffed in the fenderwells and look ugly to me. All my buddies have new silverados with 12" lifts and 33" or 35" swampers with lots of chrome and powder coating, guess it rubbed off on me. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I like good looking detailed DD's.It always feels good when people stop and ask you questions when you pull up at some place.. A trail toy is a different story.

85K5 3/4 ton,14boltFF,10bolt, 9"lift,35"boggers,16.5x14 welds, big horse 406SBC/700R4 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I like the look of a body floating on tires too, but not on a truck with 35s. If you could make 39.5s or 44s look like that like my buddies have in the past, that'd be cool.

Honestly, I can't believe that you have 35x16 Boggers on a DD rig and you're happy with that. What a total waste of tires...I wish I had a set of Boggers to run on my rig. I definitely wouldn't be burning them up in 6 months of road only driving.

Ever think of doing something different than your friends for a change?

14. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]

Ever think of doing something different than your friends for a change?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, I bought a K5 instead of a 40,000 dollar chevy HD. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I know a guy that has 44's and 25" lift on 87 K5.. looks bad ass! I do my share of offroad use with them and they last longer than most people think.