Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

More Nor-Cal Member Discounts

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by xplosuv, Apr 14, 2002.

1. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

Hi all,
    So I'm talking with this guy bout K5's and let him know about NC-Big Dawg's and to join up. The first thing he asks is who hooks you guys up with discounts. I told him check out the CK5 web site.
    I saw Sara a.k.a. Sarazk5 is offering discounts on LMC stuff Cool, I've known her for a few years and she will be a good contact for those body and interior parts, a discount from LMC would be a goood thing, at least for my projects.

So here’s where I come in, there was a post a few weeks ago about headlight conversion, and I have replyed to most of you. I working a special price with one of my distributor for a group buy, same story more discount for more volume ordered.
    So I would like to know how many Nor-Cal members, or for that fact any one on ColoradoK5 would be Interested in the "6024" Head light Composite conversions.
    "Cheap as possible" The bottom line is that if I place a bigger order at once I move in to a different price bracket. So with the amount of normal stock I order from him, I will throw 20 or so kits on the bill resulting in me getting a bigger discount on the stuff I need for the shop. So I dont need to make a profit margine on these headlight systems, So pass the price on to you as a club discount. Dont worry I try to make money off you guys later....LOL

There are 3 different styles in the round headlight.
    One style is a diffused light, kind of like the stock look. The 2nd is a crystal lens, you be able to see the bulb clearly through the outer lens. The 3rd is a crystal clear lens and has a small 5watt-bulb socket below the main head light bulb inside the housing. It would be easy to tap in to you turn singles and have the small 5watt-bulb act like a turn single inside the light housing. Or just hook them up to a toggle switch for running lights. Any way it would be a package deal with 80 low /100 watt hi beam Xenon light bulbs. I sell these light bulbs to the Ricers out there for 59.98 a set. I sell the composite conversions for 64.98. Depending on the option each person wants the price for the kits will be around 45 to 65 bucks.
    There are cheaper Composite kits I can get for cheaper but to me they are junk, very thin housing will crack and I don’t want people pissed at me for sell them junk. But if you want junk..........
    For local Dawgs I will just meet you somewhere for parts delivery and save some coin, or shipping will be at cost.

If you didn’t know I have a Import race shop for Hondas, Acura’s and "fast and furious" kind of things so sometimes I come across cool things for "REAL" cars and trucks.

So consider anything you can think of that you might need as
    far as Lighting, Alarms and Audio or Video for you Members of the Nor-Cal group, please let me know.

Thanks.
    Tony

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Just because I am a totel idiot to these lights..What does a conversion Kit mean.. It is not just a replacement light..Do you have to convert something...Sorry just don't know... I would love to have those Xenon lights on my trail rig...Dan

3. LiftedAssDodge

LiftedAssDodge 1/2 ton status

sounds good, what shop do you run for hondas and acuras?

4. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

The composite conversion is a replacement light housing for replacement of your 6024 (i.e. the round lights) sealed beam head lights.
    The 6024 sealed beam are 55/65 watt bulbs. With the conversion you can run the H-4 or the 9007 Xenon bulbs running 80/100 watt. much brighter and the project a very clean high intense white light. Like all those bmw, lexus, mercedes have. just a cheaper version with the xenon bulbs.
    you could also go with a true H.I.D lighting system but they are 500$ and up for the good ones with phillips ballast.
    I have tried the Cool Blues from AutoZone and they are worse than the stock lights. the only real work to putting these in is cutting 3 wires and putting them on either a H-4 or 9007 style plug. The kit will have detailed instructions on how to install. for those with out front trail lights these are a good substitute.
    This is a 1/2 hour project that will make a lot of difference.

5. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

I have a 1989 Jimmy with 4 headlights. Do you have a kit that replaces all four? How much w/o any discount?

6. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

Does it look like mine? over there <----

7. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

8. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

check on price monday for you.