Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

More or le$$

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 3 on the tree, Mar 28, 2007.

1. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

After beating around in my 70 for a couple of years, its time for a change. What do you guys think?? Does the 250/3 speed make it worth more or less?I have not been able to find any production numbers for how many of this drivetrain combo were made in 70, but I have yet to hear of another still intact.:confused:

2. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Won't hurt it.

Most who are looking for our vintage trucks want the body style,not so much the eng. combo.

3. suspectdon

suspectdon 1/2 ton status

I agree I was thinking that it would be nice to have a 6-cyl for a daily driver.

Do you have pictures of the blazer and of the engine bay??

I really think the only thing that could change the value of the truck would be rust and how original it is.

Richard

4. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

So are you thinking about resale value as in, your going to sell it?
    Or you thinking about changing the drive train?

Guess I'm not exactly sure where your going here...:o

5. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

What engine it had in it wouldn't matter too much to me - what is important is how much rust there is. I can handle engine swaps and other mechanical issues pretty well, but I haven't personnaly done rust repairs yet. There are lots that like the 6 cylinders, but I personally hate the 3 on the trees. My 69 was three on the tree and although I know how to drive them just fine, the shifter linkage was always giving me fits.

6. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Yep, that 3 speed on the column is its own anti-theft device.:doah:

The only rust on mine is the flanges for the weatherstrip/sill plate. They are gone. This truck has been in southern Colorado its entire life.

Yes, I am seriously thinking about selling it. I want to go wheeling, but don't want to tear this old beast up. That means finding someone else to tear ity up, I guess.

Don't get mad guys, but I scored a 78 Bronco that I am gonna fix up for wheelin. HP D44, solid front axle, 400/C6/205. Got it cheap, so I have some cash to throw at this project. I STILL love my old Blazer, but I can't afford 2 toys.

7. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just DD it, at least until I get money together.

Check around on the classic truck sites and I bet you could easily get what you ask for it.