Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

More PIC's of the Resto

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Robin, Oct 9, 2002.

1. Robin

Robin 1/2 ton status

More PIC\'s of the Resto

Since I last updated the PIC's I've done the following:
    1) Dropped the Engine in the frame
    2) Rebuilt the HT350 myself (that took a while)
    There's a lot of detail in the album for those who ever thought about trying.
    3) Assembled the rest of the drivetrain
    4) Rebuilt carb with adjust-a-jet mod
    5) Wired the engine stuff so it's modular with external kill switch and starter (I want to run it to make sure everythings OK before I set the body on).
    6) Hooked up vacuum lines/PVC
    7) Hooked up fuel lines with braided line from pump and external filter (and repaired the original tank without dying)

Here's the order of stuff to do before I can fire it up:
    1) Mandrell bent exhaust with X-pipe from Dr.Gas is "in the mail" (there is a mock-up in the album).
    2) Fit the exhaust and figure out muffler configuarion.
    3) Need to order the autometer gauges so I can check vital signs on first fire-up.
    4) Build a temperary fixture to hold the rad in place
    5) Buy the various fluids and top everything up (right now everything is dry)
    6) Prime the oil pump
    7) Check the compression and set static timing
    8) Do a final check of adjustments and inspect bolts for tightness

It's been a little over a year since the valve froze (and hit the piston) which started this whole process...

2. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Re: More PIC\'s of the Resto

Robin,
    Looking good. Is that the front shaft I sold you, sure looks different now. That will be a looker when it is done.

John

3. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

Wow, that is going to be amazing when it is completed. You're really paying attention to all the details! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

piece by peice its coming together.wish i had that kind of time and money to do that.mine is daily driver soi dont have the luxury of having it all ripped apart except for weekend project or having to fix something i broke right away so i can go to work.

5. Robin

Robin 1/2 ton status

I've been there with having to drive the vehicle I'm working on, weekends aren't much fun when you're working against the clock. Mind you, car pooling isn't that much fun either.

Yup, John that's your driveshaft.