Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

More pictures- my first experience with Boggers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Jul 10, 2002.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Well, I went ahead and bought (well, am in the process of buying) my friend's Crew Cab. I replaced the tranny-transfer case coupler (the 3rd one thats been in it this year) and took it out through the mud. It seemed like I couldn't get stuck with those 39.5"x18" Boggers on it.

Then I drove it the 85 miles to my house in Spokane. Anyone that wasnt def that I went buy was looking at me. I sounded like an airplane (roar of the Boggers) going down the highway. That and the whine of the gear drive in the built 396 sure caught alot of attention, more than I'm used to. The truck sucked down about $20 in gas in 85 miles, but besides that, it was fun to get all the looks and attention for once. Anyway, here are the pics of me having fun.
    http://community.webshots.com/album/43184029lPdQBi

2. ol_grayfeather

ol_grayfeather Registered Member

DANG.... Looks like I'll need something a little better than 33" Thornbirds if I'm gonna come up and play. Guess its time to get those 37" MTR's or a winch with a mile of cable. Nice looking crew cab /forums/images/icons/cool.gif See ya around town

Dan

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

now THAT looks fun!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Bryan

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

very cool /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Looks like a blast! I wanna play! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

How do Boggers work in the snow? I know they work pretty well in the sand (paddles /forums/images/icons/grin.gif ) and rocks, but since I tend to play pretty hard in the snow and ice I was curious as to how well they work. Cool looking truck though man /forums/images/icons/cool.gif , think I need to go out and find one /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

7. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

i wish i had mud like that in my backyard.i would never leave the house.looks like a blast

8. mountainexplorer

I'm still in the process of buying the truck from a friend, so I never drove in the snow. I don't think he even got to drive it in deep snow. About 45% of the time he's owned it, it's been broken. I know I'll take it out playing once I get a foot or two of snow in my field this winter.
    He did drive it a couple days on the street and highway last winter when his Suburban and plow was down. He had a spare on the back with the tread direction backwards. He said it felt like the truck wanted to spin in circles. (It was snowing hard and snow was piling up on the street). I have no idea how he kept it on the road.

9. mountainexplorer

Yeah, it's handy and fun at the same time.(except for the mosquitoes). Unfortunately, its a spring run-off and seasonal, so it's already starting to dry up for the year. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Oh well.

10. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

I'd like to take that cab and adapt it to my blazer frame with a little bobbed bed in the back. Dig the 4 doors. What model and year is that so I can start looking for one.

11. mountainexplorer

It's an '81, but I'm pretty sure they're all basically the same style from '73-'91. I missed out on a free 4-door cab off a '79 Chevy Crew Cab 2 weeks ago. I used to rarely see them, but now I keep running across Crew Cab stuff.

12. little79k5

little79k5 1/2 ton status

that things bad a$$! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

13. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Yeah those boggers are great. I used to run them but I got sick of being vibrated to death all the time. Can't beat them in mud.