Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MORE POWER!

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by sled_dog, Jul 11, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Need some opinions on how to make more bottom end power in my 2500. Its the TBI 350 with 4l80E. When I jump on it with my new exhaust she makes a lot of noise but thats about that. Doesn't really pick up when it hits passing gear. Kind of sad when you consider I have 4.10 gears. I have a K&N FIPK2 and removed the cat and replaced with a Flowmaster 40. Plenty loud but not much in the go department. It did get a little quicker with the exhaust but not much. I ported out the throttle body for better flow but as far as I know the majority of the low buck mods for TBI motors make Higher RPM power. I am looking to produce more power lower in the Rs. Is my only option new heads and cam?

2. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

SUPERCHARGER!!!

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

chargers suck, for the same money I could build a motor and chip it to run on 87 and make almost the same power. I would only put a charger on after, cam, heads, headers, intake, port work, and maybe stroking.

4. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

Holley makes that Supercharger for our trucks 350's TBI add's 100hp thats pretty damn good But OMG i love that ZZ4 Man i want one in the 4x4 too. Cant wait till nopi drags get back down here to GA ill have it ready for um. I ran my 4x4 in that it was great nobody badmouthed me at all it was running 17's with the 33's and big wheels. Just build or buy a motor TBI gets way to expensive with all the senors and [I love Jeeps] on it i know i have over 1000 dollars in senors on that thing thats why im going over the carb on it. Someday. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif
    Oh check this out looks pretty interesting http://www.bgsoflex.com/megasquirt.html

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah but with a good set of heads, intake, cam, maybe throttle body work, spacer, headers, I could probably make that 100 horsepower anyway. Then you could put that forced induction on and make even more power. Its like the new Mustangs the Supercharger makes as much power as the motor should be making stock.

6. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

hahaha thats great...... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif my buddy said when he was the Monster truck show a hot 5.0 was going by and all our buddies were like rev it up Lay some drag...etc. and he got on it a little and when he hit the brakes he had on The Third brake light U LOSE i think thats badass i need to come up with a way to put that on my street beast somewhere on the back along with Blue Bayou Racing... /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

haha nice. My buddy in his Dodge Cummins High Output ran me a little last night, I smoked him, I was utterly amazed I thought that thing would kill me. He has a 70 horse chip and straight pipe. I still need much more power. MORE POWER!!! I was looking at the throttle body NItrous kits. I hate nitrous on cars but on a mud truck why not? Get stuck hit the button see what she does. I'd cruise around bloomsburg next year in 4lo just purging.

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

actually if i do like I want and put on Vortec heads, I can use the Edelbrock Performer intake and a TBI adaptor with an Edelbrock 100 shot spacer in between. Under $400 for a 100 shot of nitrous ain't bad.