Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

more power!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wheelin247, Jan 7, 2001.

1. wheelin247

wheelin247 1/2 ton status

I HAVE A MOSTLY STOCK 350 ITS GOT A RACING CAM AND DRAG HEADERS ON IT BUT I WANNA GET SOME MORE POWER, A GUYS ALWAYS GOTTA HAVE MORE POWER ...LOL....I WAS THINKIN OF GETTIN A NEW INTAKE AND CARB PROBLY EDELBROCK BUT WHAT OTHER THINGS CAN I DO TO GET SOME MORE POWER OUTTA MY ENGINE ..THANKS ....AND ALSO WHAT IS THE BESY CARB AND INTAKE FOR A K5 ?.....THANKS ALOT GUYS

2. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

you could also port and polish the heads and get them shaved to increase the comp. ratio slightly

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. NYC K5

NYC K5 1/2 ton status

a racing cam and drag headers provide high end horspower. unless you are turning high rpm most of the time you want torque, which you get from small headers and a rv to a stock cam. an ingition system will increase your high and low rpm power. i hear the holly double pumper is a great carb for wide open use. also one of those air gap manifolds can bost your power.

4. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Quit SHOUTING......jeez my ears hurt....if you do the Edelbrock make sure you get the off-road kit for it!!!!!!!unless you like sputtering and spewing on the hills...I'd go with fuel injection instead...and change your gears to get the HP to the ground.

3nails/4wheels
    White Knight

5. Andreas

Andreas 1/2 ton status

Yep, a bit more compression will be fine...and definitely needed with a racing camshaft. If you got old 76cc smog heads you might wanna check out old fuelie heads, or even new Vortec ones. If you gonna buy a new intake don´t go any "higher" than a Performer RPM or you´ll have no power at all below 2000 rpm. What tranny are you using. If you´re running an automatic you should look into a smaller torque converter. About 2200 stall speed should be ok, and the mentioned gear change. All this depends on a lot of other things you left out in your post. F.ex what tranny, gear ratio, tiresize, stallspeed, current cam specs etc. etc. More info please![​IMG]

/Andreas

406cui of pure sh*t[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://hem.passagen.se/znus/>http://hem.passagen.se/znus/</A>

6. Phyte

Phyte 1/2 ton status

By turning off the CAPSLOCK on your keyboard your blazer will gain 5hp.. I promise.

Phyte