Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

more problems..

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlazerBoy, Sep 14, 2000.

1. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

Well I thought I had all of the bugs worked out, Guess I was wrong. I pulled the truck out of the garage and left it idle in the drive. After a few mins, the rpm changed the motor started running really rough and the check engine light came on. I pull the codes, it says that my electronic Ignition timing circut it open or shorted to ground durring engine run. I have looked into the wires to see if any are shorting out, I dont see anything.. Any ideas what this might be.. Thanks

BlazerBoy
    http://generalblueballs.coloradok5.com

2. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

no ideas, hoping to get some ideas before I go home for the weekend, as I wont have access to a computer. Does anyone know if the knock sensor is on the same circut???

BlazerBoy
    http://generalblueballs.coloradok5.com

3. realsquash

realsquash 1/2 ton status

4. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Had a similar thing happen to me.Code 42. Rpms at idle varied, Idled a little rough when warm. Also cut out when under load in high gear. Turned out to be the magnetic pick up coil in the distributor. Had to use an ohm meter to test it and sure enough it had a short. Cost 29 bucks to repair.