Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

more questions for the newbie

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jj4465, Aug 2, 2003.

1. jj4465

jj4465 Registered Member

well i got my exhaust on today..i went with dual straight pipes...no cats of course...with 3 and a half inch tips..sounds mean and flippin loud....i was wondering what places in a city put on lift kits...and would a 3in lift be decent..and it wouldnt need that much adjusting such as the driveshafts and stuff? also i feel stupid but how do u get the window cranks off for the side windows on the inside of the door..one of mine is broken and i didnt know how they came off...thanks guys

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

those cranks have a little spring kind of clip on them, its a 4 or 5 dollar tool at the local auto parts house called a gm door crank tool...3" suspension lift? i havent seen one for these style trucks...4" is your way to go and you shouldnt need any driveshaft work...

3. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Or, use a philips screwdriver for that clip behind the crank. You should be able to push the door panel in far enough to see what you are doing. Reassembly is easy, just put it back on the new handle and snap it on. I won't tell you guys how long I used a needle nosed plier and put that clip back in /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Make some friends, buy them lots of beer, and put that lift in together. Look for a friend with a cutting torch preferrably /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif The money you save that way can go towards the next upgrade....Installing the lift really isn't rocket science, but you might wonder if you need a mechanical engineering degree to remove some of those bolts on a 27 year old truck /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    i was wondering what places in a city put on lift kits

[/ QUOTE ] About any garage that does suspension work. Have you decided on what name brand you're going too get ??? The two most poppular are BDS, and Tuff Country. BDS has a life time warrenty. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif