Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

More smog issues....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FlatBlackBurb, Apr 23, 2007.

1. FlatBlackBurb

FlatBlackBurb 1/2 ton status

okay so i tried to get my burb smogged again for the 3rd time and guess what? it didnt pass. at least someone actually told me what was up with it this time. its a vaccum leak from the TBI to the intake manifold (he thinks). sounds logical to me. so how do i fix that? he also said its emitting a lot of hydrocarbons 350 or somewhere around there and the limit is 100. he said if i bring that idle down, then that should fix that problem. anyways how do i fix this f****** problem because im pissed as hell now.

also my accelerator pedal has gotten increasingly hard to push down after my wheelin trip the other day. any suggestions.

i need to smog this thing asap so any help/tips would be appreciated. i really dont want to adjust the idle screw and that's a last resort.

2. lochenjons

lochenjons 1/2 ton status

Spary carb cleaner around the gasket between the TBI and the manifold to see if that is where the vacuum leak is from just to make sure, you may just ahve to replace that gasket. Not too hard. Bring it over to my place and lets do it.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

You can also use an unlit propane torch to search for leaks. Quite clean and not quite so noxious of fumes.

Pedal problem, disconnect the pedal from the TBI, see if the problem goes away. If not, disconnect the cable from the pedal, see if the pedal or cable moves easily, one of the two is at fault in that case.

4. FlatBlackBurb

FlatBlackBurb 1/2 ton status

okay well call my house later when u get hom,e from school and lets do it!