Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

More speakers

Discussion in 'Audio' started by blazingboy, Dec 31, 2002.

1. blazingboy

blazingboy 1/2 ton status

Hey guys right now I have 2 infinity 12 's and a 600 watt jbl amp and 2 4 inch pioneer speakers right behind the front seats. The ones in my dash are busted so should I replace them or get some like 6x9 in the back and put the pioneers in the door because right now I can't hear the words over the bass.

2. pplblazerdude

pplblazerdude 1/2 ton status

IF u replace the speakers in the dash go with infinity refrence or kappas and put bass blockers on them i replaced them with refrences and mine get loud. If u try and put the 4 in the door ive heard that sometimes the magnet will hit the inside of the truck door and and not work if i where u and had anuff money i would go and buy soe q logie q form for the kick panels and put ifinity componets in them and put the speakers u got in the reaar this would sound pretty good. U may have to put an amp on the componets to run them

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. blazingboy

How hard is it to get the dash off on a 87 k5 my grandad said you can't do it ,but there has to be some way.

4. sublime_whatigo

sublime_whatigo Registered Member

its not that bad to get the dash off, ive done it in my 87. this is by memory but start taking screws out of the instrument cluster and pull that off, then just find the rest of the screws, not hard. Then make sure you get them all and it just pulls off, but be carefull cuz its real real brittle. And getting it back into place is also a huge pain. Good luck.

5. blazingboy

Well instead of replacing in dash I think I am going to get the kickpanels with 5.25 infinity references with a 1 inch tweeter then maybe like a 50x2 amp for them and leave my pioneers in the mid panels. Will this sound good and also how would I hook another amp to my head unit if it has only 2 inputs for RCA cables.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

You can't if they're inputs. So assuming there outs, just get some splitters, they look like the letter Y.