Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

More TBI help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wayne, Jul 29, 2002.

1. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I just found out the O2 sensor was replaced when the problem started. I looked at the injector spray pattern when it was running and it is not spraying properly. The one side actually looks like a small stream of gas. Now what should I do? I priced new injectors and they are to expensive. I can get another unit from Roger and rebuild it. Should I start there? I am familiar with rebuilding these since I did the one on the Mouse a year ago. To expensive was $106 each at Napa and for that price I would just rather buy a Holly replacement. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

2. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

Does need to be rebuilt. or cleaned?

I would think a cleaning is all it needs.. then again, I really have no idea.

Good luck.

3. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

I would try to run some injector cleaner through it first to see if it will clean them out, but you've probably allready done that. Turbo City sells flow matched injectors but they are kinda pricy too. $70 each plus $110 core charge /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif .

4. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

I had the same problem with my TBI a while back. I took the injectors out and soaked them in carb cleaner over night and stuck them back in the next day. The spray pattern was much better.

Mike

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

If you can afford to be down a few days, send both injectors to www.cruzinperformance.com - he does the cleaning, etc. for I believe $10 per injector......check them out!!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif