Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

More Th350 Trans Problems......

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bbck5on37s, Jan 15, 2007.

1. bbck5on37s

bbck5on37s 1/2 ton status

I HAVE A 82 K5 W/ A TH350...... NOW IT WONT COME OUT OF FIRST GEAR..... I CHECKED THE VACUME GOING TO THE MODULATER AND EVEN REPLACED THE MODULATER.....I HAVE TRIED TO GET IT TO SHIFT WITH AND WITH OUT THE KICKDOWN CABLE CONNECTED AND IT STILL WONT COME OUT OF FIRST.... I CANT FIGURE IT OUT.. CAN ANY ONE HELP ME?:mad: :confused:

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

I'd still suspect the vacuum mod ... make DANG sure that you have vacuum RIGHT at the modulator, like check the little piece of soft line right at the end (the rest IS hard line, right? :) )

Failing that, the governer could be stuck. I'd whang it with a 2x4, or pull it and lube it, put it back in.

-- A

3. bbck5on37s

The Truck Used To Have A 6.2 Diesel With A 700r4 But Was Converted To A 454 Bbc And A Th350 So There Is Rubber Vacumw Line Going From The Md. To The Carb

4. dremu

Get thee a piece o' metal fuel line, brake line, whatever, and bend it enough to go from the carb to close to the modulator. Soft lines only at the top and bottom.

Won't have caused it to get THAT bad, but the middle section can get soggy enough to lose a lot of vacuum -- don't ask me how I know :doah:

-- A

5. bbck5on37s

THANKS I WILL DO THAT TOMORROW...ITS WIERD CUZ WHEN I DROVE IT TO WORK THIS MORNIG EVERY THING WAS FINE AND IT SHIFTED THROUGH ALL GEARS...I DROVE IT ABOUT 15 MILES ON MY LUNCH AND IT WAS STILL FINE. I GOT IN IT AFTER WORK TO DRIVE HOME AND GOT OUT ON THE MAIN STREET AND IT WOULDNT SHIFT???? IT CRAZY...... heres a pic of my truck [​IMG]

6. dremu

Get a vacuum gauge and check vacuum AT the modulator ... I put money on there isn't much.

If not, it's governor time.

-- A

7. bbck5on37s

I Will Do That Tomorrow And Post The Results
    Thanks For All Of Your Help What Do You Think Of The Truck.. I Have A 14bff W/ 4:56 Gears In The Garage Waiting To Be Put In Still Hunting For A 60 For The Front

8. dremu

I think your shift key is stuck more than your tranny =))

With tires that big, the 14bff wil be useful ... and the 4.56:1 gears will make her MUCH happier.

I'd make a crack about how *real* Blazers have no top ... but that white stuff on the ground makes me think otherwise :haha:

Nah, she looks good ... it never ends, and yours may end up looking like mine if you're not careful. Mine has gone from stock (well, 33"s in this pic)

http://www.slosh.com/ck5/cherry-picker-top-7.JPG

to "slightly" modifed (see sig for details), and I blame CK5 entirely!

http://www.slosh.com/ck5/with-52sand-56s-3.JPG

One of these days I'm gonna gather all my pix and do a build thread and show that even a monkey with mostly basic tools can build a fairly stout truck fairly cheap.

-- A

9. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I believe the vaccum line for the modulator should go to the manifold not to the carb. Some of the ports on carbs depending on what kind you have are restricted vaccum.

10. bbck5on37s

It sits on 37" IROK's
    If its 40 degrees or above the top comes off and stays of till it gets cold again...
    Colorado has been coverd in snow since before christmas and it has been below zero for the last 4 days...it sucks!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

check this too..

In addition to making sure vacuum is getting to the modulator,and checking the govenor gear out,make sure your detent cable that downshifts the tranny into passing gear isn't sticking in the passing gear position (cable fully extended)--if it sticks it'll never upshift..the valve it moves inside the valve body can stick too,even if the cable is working OK..adding some Lucas might help free up any sticky valves inside the tranny...:crazy: