Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

more than 2 or 3 open running windows is not alot, sheesh

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Nov 25, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i hate it more and more when ppl say that more than a couple or three windows open and runnign is alot, thats bullcrap, i run around 13 or 15 alot, sometimes more with no lag or anything at all, you have to when you are part of mesage boards and doing internet searches and checking your mail and such, on my puter, every single one of them immediately loads up and runs fine unless one of the site's server is slow- and its only a 650 athlon AMD with 256 ram and it performs like its three times faster,
    when im over her eon my brother's computer, stuff lags, its almost twice as big of a system as mine but about half as fast, when i complain about it and someone hears me they always immediately say " look how many windows you have open"

well thats no excuse at all, there is nothing wrong with running as many windows as you need to run in order to get things done, unless it was drainign down your CPU or something, in which is doesnt, i think ppl are stuck in the 56k days when one page took forever to load and you literalyl couldnt run more than a coupel or three windows at once without problems, let alone 13 or 15 like i like to and commonly do.
    only problem with running more windows is that sometimes you get confused and post a post on a wrong board, soemtimes, like if ive got a window open for every board of a forum

hmm..

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Yeah my Mom thinks it's "rude" to be talking on AIM and have an internet window open at the same time. Your friend's computer is probably slow because he isn't familiar with good computer housekeeping. Get rid of shite you don't use, clear your cookies and cache often (every day), and DEFRAG! Almost nobody I know ever defrags their computer and they always ask me why it runs so unbearably slow. They also have about 15 programs running in the background on the system tray, most of which they don't use and don't even know what they are. I know people who have actually gone out and bought a new computer because theirs was "getting slow" /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Computers aren't people, they don't slow down as they age, it's just that computers are so easily accessible now that people who know absolutely dick about them are able to use them. What happened to the days when you had to install Windows yourself, know how to actually use a command prompt, and edit an .ini file once in a while?

Sorry for the rant /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif, but my biggest pet pieve is people using computers that they don't know anything about. If you don't know how to use it, get the hell off! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

3. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    sometimes you get confused and post a post on a wrong board,

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, if you ever PM me again asking what I'm wearing and if you can stick your hairy tenderloin between my flesh buns, I'll have to call the child protection agency!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif