Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

More Than Just Engines

Discussion in 'Vendor Forum' started by superwrench, Feb 15, 2007.

1. superwrench

superwrench Registered Member

I wanted to let you know that here at Coonies Racing Engines we sell more than just engines. We handel a veriety of parts and accesories. Seat belts, Starters, Emergency shut offs, chrome goodies, the list goes on. What I dont have on the shelf I can get. I am not locked in to just one supplier so many times I can get it for you cheaper than the big catolog guys.

I have a good supply of used and reconditioned parts on hand, heres an example. I have a good supply of used seat belts on hand. Some of these are brand new just outdated, some used just a year or two but in excelant shape, but the local racing association wont alow them. All; in good useable shape, many name brands, RJS, Peak, RCI, Crow, Simson, G-Force. With a variety of colors, red, black, purple, and yes even pink.

Give me a call at 712-479-2251 or send me an email, modified@mtcnet.net or pm to see what I have on hand.

2. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sheesh Terry, you never told me you had harnesses, I'm definitely gonna take a look next time I come down. Got any black or orange cam lock style?

BTW, for anyone looking, Terry at Coonie's is a stand up guy. I had him rebuild my TH400 for me and the full manual VB I had purchased was a bastard to install. It took 4 hours longer than the estimate he gave me, and he didn't charge me a single dime for the extra time he put into it. When it comes time to clean up and bore out my motor, Terry will definitely get the nod. I've also bought and sold a few parts to/from him and he's just a flat out good guy to deal with.

3. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Terry is currently buildin me a 406 SBC for my pickup and has done a great job of going through it with me to figure how it needs to be built to fit my needs. Hes an awesome guy to do business with, hes also got some great stories to tell.

4. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

Do you have a website?

5. superwrench

No website as of now, maybe in the future. I am getting some pictures together to post up here.

6. bigjimmy82

bigjimmy82 1/2 ton status Premium Member

prices on the harnesses(preferably non-camlock), I know a couple guys local that would be interested, thanks!

7. superwrench

$20-$25 on used, $40 on new ones. I am out of new black ones at this time.

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

man, wish your shop was a lot closer... I am going to do a TBI conversion on my 350 and would love to have a good shop I can trust to help me dial everything in. :(

j

9. mikey_d05

Make a road trip Jek, it'd be worth it to meet the MN/IA crew. :D

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

lets see... tow rig gets about 8mpg when hauling... yahoo maps says its 1658.1 miles from here to there... figure 1700 when you throw in some bad navigation, wrong turns, and food/gas stops. That'd be 3400 miles.... or 425 gallons of gas... at $2.35 a gallon, thats only $998.75! no problem! :grin:

j

11. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Come on Jek, I did that trip at 9 mpg @$2.85 Don't be skeered:haha::haha: We did about 4000 miles on that trip tho:(

Brett

12. mikey_d05

Yeah, and it's 1200 miles to Moab but I'm going to BB come hell or high water.

13. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Just bring a bunch of Jerry cans and sneak over to bretts farm late while ur there...recoup ur loses at the fuel barrel :wink1: