Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

more travel

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by purple76pearl, Jan 14, 2003.

1. purple76pearl

purple76pearl 1/2 ton status

ok i have relocated my shocks in rear, and have some long shocks for front,but whats the best and cheapest<< im cheap>> way to get the most flex and travel out of my front end /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Unbolt the shackles... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Rene

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

9012 shocks, Ford shock towers, long brakelines, ORD shackles, soft front springs.

that is the tried and true recipe that *most* people adhear to.

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

This is basically my setup and it works very well. Crossover almost becomes a must with good flex.

5. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

good call. I forgot about the cross-over.

6. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

Crossover is definately a must with long travel front ends, I can put my steering in a serious bind /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif with only 10'' travel shocks and stock type steering. To make it worse, I am in the process of installing buggy springs on the frontend /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif, I swear I am working on crossover, I swear! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    9012 shocks, Ford shock towers, long brakelines, ORD shackles, soft front springs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I have this exact same setup except for the "soft front springs". Lets just say all the other crap is useless without soft springs... ProComp SUCKS!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif (unless you have a mud truck or Pismo Queen /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif)

8. purple76pearl

purple76pearl 1/2 ton status

ok so cross over is like 900 bucks from ord, i cant afford that, any suggestions, and i dont know if i have soft springs or not, i tore it up before i used it, any opinions on superlift springs, 6" also, i moved my brake lines around the frame instead of where they stock mount on the farme, good or bad? i want cross over but cant afford 900 and if i switch my dana 44 out for a 60 later on, ill have to get everything new true or false? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

9. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

I did SFA on 88 GM with HD44.Guess i got lucky cause the steering switched right over to D60. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifDidn't even have to reset toe.Built own link to hook into draglink and it works well.Wanted to do high steer but cost to much.Have heard hiem joints don't hold up to well on street. Have to remember driveshaft.Got bout 10in travel and don't think shaft will stay together with much more.