Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

more twin stick 205

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jackedjimmy, May 20, 2002.

1. jackedjimmy

jackedjimmy 1/2 ton status

I wanted to know if you guys knew any companies or even individuals out there that make a twin stick shifter for a np205. I made a post on the Garage forum and got replied that Avalanche engineering made one, but i called them and they don't.

I think that people are getting the twin stick mixed up with a doubler t-case twin stick. I've seen them for DANA 300 t-cases and i was wondering if that could be adapted. Or if you know of anybody that made one for their 205 and would tell me how to make one.

2. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

i recently made one, i got some ideas from other posts. do a search on twinstick and i am sure yolu will find some links to pics. as soon as i get my digi cam or my hyd hose to drive over to K10andy's i'll post some pics. kinda curd but functional. i don't want to put too much pretty stuff into this blazer.

BTW, i used the original lever along with a 26"x1.5"x3/8 flat steel slab.

ARQ.

3. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

you could get a kit from wildhorses in stockton ca...they make a kit for a dana 20 transfer case but i could easily be modiflied to work with a 205..i dont know what kind of cost you would be lookin at...but even if you made one from scratch i dont think it would be that hard to do..that is if you have the resourses to build it

4. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

The magazine article a couple of years ago about doing this, they used a modified advanced adapter twin shifter.

5. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Yeah, the article was in Peterson's and the twin stick they used was a modified Dana 300 twin stick...

6. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

that article was for a divorce style np205, the divorce style has a lot of room to work with. there is very limited space when working with the mated np205 and using the stock mounting pivot point for the levers.
    you'd be surprized how easy it is to fab some levers. i am sure you can go over to a machine shop and have the steel slabs bent for a reasonable price, if not for free. I had to use 1/4" angle iron on the shifter rods to make them work with the stock lever and the 3/8" slab that i used.

ARQ.

7. BadDog

Dang'd if you aint right! I went back and had another look, would have sworn it was mated. I do agree that it is a simple thing to do yourself. Seems like I've also seen some where a longer bolt was used to stack 2 slightly modified 205 shifters side by side.

8. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

maybe it's a different article that were talking about.

ARQ.

9. BadDog

No, it's the same one all right. What I was trying to say is that I thought I remembered it being mated, but when I went to look, it was divorced, just like you said. Sorry if my exhausted attempt at humor didn't make sense. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

10. jackedjimmy

jackedjimmy 1/2 ton status

dothis wildhorses place have a web site or phone #?

p.s. Thanks for all the good info guys

11. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.wildhorses4x4.com>www.wildhorses4x4.com</a> bada bing...thank you thank you...i am here all week /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif