Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

More wheel travel ??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fisher1648, Jun 22, 2002.

1. fisher1648

fisher1648 Registered Member

My 87 K5 currently has a 2.5 inch lift rancho leaf springs front and rear and I removed the sway bar up front - nothing fancy. Whats the best way to increase wheel travel ? -the ride height is OK. Does anybody make increased wheel travel springs (compared to the ranchos)in a 3 inch lift ?

Thanks

2. blublaz57

blublaz57 1/2 ton status

marv springer out of phoenix az has a whole rear suspension that gives up 2 feet of drop check az trail blazers club.

3. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

Here's one of marvs setups
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ok---2, really the only thing you can do in the front is disconnect the swaybars if you dont want to buy softer springs----Ranchos seem to be the stiffest and from what i've heard Tuff Country (what i have) and BDS suspensions being the softest "one size fits all" lift springs. If you got some $$ to spend custom springs like Alcan (can't think of any other)are the way to go. In the rear you can get softer lift springs or the ORD flip kit. I personally was not impressed w/ the ORD but others are. so I went a step further and did the Springer setup and will never go back. The Springer setup is great for the the daily driver/weeked warrior or even the hardcore only wheeler---just not reccommended for towing.

4. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Yup,for rear travel Marv = /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Full suff to full droop Iv got almost 28" /forums/images/icons/grin.gif One of the best and easiest mods Iv done so far.