Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Moroso Oil Pan

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Russ, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Russ

Russ 1/2 ton status

Does anyone have any opinion's on the quality of Moroso Oil Pans? I am looking at a deep sump pan ( Moroso 20410) for my 454 I am building for my dually. I am running a stroker crank, so need to go to an aftermarket pan. I bought a Hamburger 1488 pan off of EBAY, but am not real happy with it and do not want to make the same mistake with a Moroso pan if the quality is not there.
    Thanks,

Russ

2. Mad-Dog

Mad-Dog 1/2 ton status

I got the Moroso 8 qt. deep sump pan/pump combo from Summit and love it,
    it has a built-in baffle to keep the oil from splashing forward out of the sump during hard braking as well.
    I have a pic of it on my web page....... :bow:

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I don't have any experience with Moroso pans (although blue valve covers are moderately thin) but I do have a big Canton pan for my motor. I like the pan and am satisfied with the construction. It seems very "square" and is not prone to leaking. The only issue I've had has been dipsticks. Canton doesn't make sticks and the OE and Moroso ones I've used all seem to fit loosely. In the past I have simply put a bead of rtv around the tube base with good success.

4. rumbly truck

rumbly truck 1/2 ton status

i just bought a 20410 off ebay last week.the quality looks very good.It looks like to me it is a stock pan with a tall sump added to it.never tried an aluminiumpan yet heard to many horrer stories.I dont know if you can get the pan off a bigblock with the engine still installed. Keep watching ebay i have seen several over the last couple of months

5. Russ

Russ 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the reply's. I will probably go ahead and order the Moroso Pan from Summit.

Russ

6. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

One of the first jobs I had out of High School (back in 1977) was working for Moroso Performance Products. Back then all their parts where made and manufactured in America. I was a milling and CNC machinist for them. That job no longer exists, and is now being done in China.

7. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I have a Moroso pan on my 383. It's a deep sump 7-8qt... Was the shiny gold finish when my friend first bought it. Now it is corroded white and rusty(minimal surface) but holding up well!