Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Most expensive breakup so far

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by B_to_C, Jan 22, 2005.

1. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

If i'm getting pissed off about this i better never get divorced....

So I drive over to my g/f's place tonight so she could break up with me (it was the planned break-up talk) but there were no spots left so i park in a handicap spot...

ten minutes later I come out (not in the best mood) and have a $115 ticket on my winshield :mad: :mad: :mad:

The parking lady was still there... when she saw me coming at her she jumped in her truck shut the door, rolled down her window and said "you can always appeal it" as she drove away.

The ticket is dated 11:29 pm. :angry1: :angry1: :angry1:

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I was figuring this would be a thread where my fellow man could come in, and we could console each other over some worthless whore slut of a bitch that screwed us fourteen ways from Sunday.

Instead, I read anger concerning a parking ticket in which you received for violating the handicapped parking provisions of whatever code that is cited on the ticket.

I have absolutely no sympathy for you and I shall wish upon your measely soul a butt kicking from the residents of the Westwood Retirement Center.......

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Gonna side with Bubba on this one...

Sorry about the break-up, but getting a ticket for parking in the handicap spot...no sypmathy here. Accept responsibility for your actions.

Lastly, if $115 is the most spendy break-up you've ever had be thankful. :)

Rene

4. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

No comment on the ticket... but be glad it was only 115 bux. my last break up cost me a brand new car, a bull-dog, and about 25,000.00 in other misc bills not to mention the royal credit screwing that I received because of it.

5. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

i agree with bubba also , :p:
    not only was it your fault for parking in a handicap zone, but you drove over
    there for a planned break-up. :confused:

make her drive to you next time:thumb:

oh , was there "break-up sex" ?:D

6. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

You couldn't have just parked on her lawn instead?

7. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

I'm with you on this Bubba.

My Dad has only one good leg ( Polio, 1940's) and he has H.P. plates.

8. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

Ha, thanks guys :surepal:.

I was looking for sympathy b/c two ****ty things happened to me at the same, not b/c i got a ticket that I earned. I'm all about personal responsibility. And no lawns in the dorm parking lots :( (she was 18 :grin: ).

So i guess i can redirect this thread....

We broke up basically b/c she is christian and I'm not. So apparently she was talking with god and he didn't approve of our relationship (pre marital sex :blush: ) plus the fact that she could not tell her parents about me b/c i'm not christian, so she had to lie to them. So what do you guys think....stupid reason? good reason? I actually don't feel too bad. I'de rather be dumped for god then some guy named biff :screwy:

9. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

"That which is done in the name of God is infanitely worse than that which is attributed to the Devil"

If God wants anything, its for you to be happy

...and Jesus to quit hanging around me

10. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

when I decided that I was an atheist, my wife told me that she didn't know if she could stay married to me or not....I pulled my bible out...there is a verse in there that tells women that they should stay with their husbands if they are non-believers. I kid you not.

11. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

:haha: :haha: thats a good one. :grin: I think it's stoopid to get rid of someone cuz yer religious and the person they dump isn't. wtf is up with that? if you love the person it don't make a difference. And it's not like you didn't have a chance to find that all out before you started dating... so if that's the only reason you have to break up with someone yer a moron.just my $0.02 worth for the day. :grin:

12. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

I'd gladly give my opinion but I will need nekid pics of said g/f to give you an honest answer. :whistle:

13. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

I guess there were two options. #1 She would have to lie to her parents, have pre marital sex with you even though she's not comfortable doing it, and feel guilt and shame because of her core beliefs. #2 You could have honored her values by not having sex before marriage and becoming a Christian. If neither of you wanted to do those things then a breakup is necessary. You dont want to date someone who runs from guilt and problems, has no problem lying to her parents (and therefore lying in general) and ignores her core values and conversely there's no future in you acting religious and changed to appease a girl, this is something done on a deeper level between you and God. Like you said, its better to be dumped for this reason than for some guy named Biff. Keep your chin up brother, not all relationships are going to work out and there was no future here so its all good even though it hurts right now.

14. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

As long as you're on different pages spiritually, you two won't ever be able to make each other really happy anyway, so you're better off not being together.

If she's committed to her faith, you'll be a stumbling block. If you change for her, and your heart's not in it, regardless of your feelings for her, you're living a lie and wasting your time. we all have to come to the father for our own reasons, not for somebody else.

One of the biggest lies out there is the belief that a christian and non christian can be together and all will be well. Reality is that the christian partner spends their time in church crying for the soul of the non christian, and there is always strife in the house, which certainly isn't biblical or healthy. I have seen the non christian partner eventually come around, but they have to want to be there and make it stick, or all that pain is for nothing.

To look at this another way, Was this girl not worth waiting for or changing for? did you ever go to church with her, to see what she gets out of the whole God thing? If so, did anything you hear there resonate with you?

I don't mean to pry, BUT sometimes our stubborness and blindness can lead to regret and letting something good get away. When I was 17, I met this girl at work named Dawn that I had this HUGE crush on... she had a boyfriend at the time, but we connected big time... used to spend hours just talking, sitting on the hood of the truck.. I was stunned she would even talk to me.. anyway, she was a christian, and told me about God, salvation, etc... I had to be the tough guy.. " i don't need no God, I have myself to rely on".. I had my truck, a camaro, all of my philosophies courtesy of Lemmy from Motorhead, what did I need God for? I had a chance to go further with her, but the God thing, well that would never happen. Eventually, she just gave up and moved on.

The next 15 years I spent drinking like a fish, and trying to rescue one emotionally broken woman after another. My life was going friggin' nowhere. My older brother, who is now a Pentecostal preacher, re - introduced me to the gospel, which saved him from a similar life trajectory. I took it seriously this time, and then I met my wife, who also took God serious. I listened, opened my eyes, and applied what I learned, and my life is outstanding. The Holy Spirit towing service can pull you out of any ditch you're in, if you let it.

Anyway, the moral of the story is, how much pain would have been avoided had I listened the first time? I'm grateful that God is a God of mercy and not justice, meaning he gives us second chances, and not what we deserve.

Don't mean to tell ya what to do, just giving more stuff to consider.

Tom