Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mother@#%*ing Fuel Line!

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by firefighter184, Mar 27, 2006.

1. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Yup, got the new line in yesterday with Bo's guidance and support, protected both lines from throttlebody to frame rail with heater hose. No leaks, right?

WRONG! In the time it took me to drive to my parents and back, it's fargin leaking again! Havent checked to see where yet, hoping it's just a loose fitting or a missing o-ring. I'm seriously getting sick of this frikkin Blazer. Motherphucker.:mad:

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Hey John.

Is it leaking at the rear of the TBI? You have two fittings that screw into the TBI body then the fuel lines screw into the fittings.

The fittings have hard plastic washers on the ends that go into the throttle body.

The fuel lines have o-rings on the ends that screw into the fittings.

If they are missing your going to have a leak.

3. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Or I could see something being cracked. The fittings or plastic washers for example. Plus if those o-rings have any nicks, I'm sure they'll leak with the pressure they're under.

If you have the money, I would take it to a mechanic and make them deal with the headache. Then if it keeps leaking, it's on them.

4. firefighter184

I'm going to take it all apart tonite and check for o-rings, etc, but the mechanic is proably the next step. Problem is, won't be able to afford it for a week or two at the soonest. Guess I'll be BO's passenger on the 8th...:doah:

5. fred2mihi

fred2mihi 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

All this fuel leak problem makes me so :angry1: :angry1: :mad: :mad: I could spit nails and it is'nt even my truck! John, what has changed since you drove it to Scott's that day or was it a problem then and you didn't know yet. Could you have it running and feel around for a leak also is the leak not visible to the eye? I sure hope you can get it diagnosed pretty darned soon. Who turns the wrenches for the Fire Department could that mechanic check it for you?

After looking at the pictures from last year and all the help Scott was getting or not getting, I'm going to need all the help I can get So I'm sure your spotting ability will be in demand all day. If you are going to wear the Kilt please wear shorts underneath:D One of these days it going to be your day to tear up "The Punisher"! Oh I meant tear up the trail.

fred2mihi

6. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

You better wear dark sunglasses cause John is going Commando.

7. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Call me..................... Are you able to tell which line is leaking? I can not figure this out and it's getting old as you know

8. cwn anwyn

cwn anwyn 1/2 ton status Premium Member

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

9. firefighter184

The problem with the old fuel lines was that they ran behind the motor between the firewall and the back of the block so I couldn't see where the leak was, OR what caused it. Now, I've run the lines off to the passenger side, but they are encased in heater hose, so I have to tear it all down, re-hook them up and try to find the leak. I'm getting mad. I MAY just pull the motor and tranny, sell the rest and start over with a shortbed pick-up. If I do that, there goes my summer, but at the current rate, my summer is looking shorter and shorter.:mad:

10. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

That's pretty funny you saying that, because Nicole was saying last night that maybe you need to sell that possessed truck.

I think you'll get it. Then in 6 months you'll wonder what all the fuss was about.