Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mothers day Chaos, with pictures!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ntaj*ep, May 14, 2002.

1. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

OK, Plan for Mothers day. Get up, make brunch, mingle, talk about all the stuff we haven't in awhile, mom leaves, boy alone with beer till 7am alarm for workie the next day. AAHHHH a day to relax.......NOT!!

Mothers day the real story. Wake up late OK no biggie still time to get everything ready, Mom shows up all OK, eat drink, talk, Mom and guests leave, OOHHH YA, time for some realaxation. About 2:00 phone rings, I don't answer (relaxing and all) 2:02 rings again, still no answer, but message left. what do I do....what check the message! Dumb A$$! Frantic cut up message I need your help......A......EMER.....CY! What an emergency! Crap what happened, someone hurt, an accident. I can't get a hold of him I call and call....nothing CRAP, what a crappy friend Iam. The phone rings again # unknown, I pick up without even thinking. Voice on the other and frantic, I say OK what is up are you OK, Oh ya we are in Green Water (1hr. 40min. form wy house!) I say ok...and WERE STUCK, I said it as he did (damn it). Without thinking (yes I do this ALOT) I say I'll leave in a few and be up there before you know it, and hang up.

OK, the front driveline for the Blazer is not in the Blazer...no no, it's on the garage floor. OH BOY, I put that thing in and got fuel within 20min. no $hit. By now its 3:00 great. I get to the spot at 4:55pm! To see my friends 30day old diesel Dodge Xtra cab, loooonnnngggg bed 4wd.........stuck, not just stuck, but freakin' part of the landscaping! The first thing out of my mouth, WE are not getting this out, have you called a tow truck yet. He says, WE can do it. Ok then, 5 hours, one winch cable and no un stuck Dodge. Go back into town and he calls the tow company. I wait there till they come to pick him up, wait with another friend for the first friends sister in law to show up. And I bounce, I am sooo outta here, good luck and see ya tommorrow at work BY BY. I get back to my neck of the woods and decide to go to Outback for yes Beer. AAAHHH, he calls about 2 hours after I left him Hay I'm out woohoo! I say good, talk with you at work. (which at this point I have no intencion of going to) the end! Check out the pictures. OK no idea how to post pictures now but I'll try later. Thanks for "letting" me vent.

And the pictures if your interested
    http://home.attbi.com/~genxmotorsports/wsb/html/view.cgi-photos.html-MerchantID-377-Publish-t-makestatic-true-skip-5.html

2. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

What happened when the winch cable broke. Did it coming flying toward you/him? That's usually a scary sight.

3. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Yes indeed, I was not present for the cable breakage or I do belive it would not have happened! These kids came up the "road" and started putting in their two cents. My friends Dodge was being held up by a stump on the left rear tire. So I took a breather. Well while I was assesing the situation (and not in front of them) they decide to MOVE the stump! With the winch cable, they wrapped...no not a strap, but the cable itself around the stump and hooked it back onto itself. Someone had the presence of mind to put something over the cable, so when it did break it fortunatly didn't break anything else.
    I was quiet amused having driven about 2 hours one way, and almost getting him out to have this happen was quite nice....NOT!

4. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Someone had the presence of mind to put something over the cable, so when it did break it fortunatly didn't break anything else.

This is the number one rule in winching IMHO !