Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

mothers day

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by got_mud, May 4, 2004.

1. got_mud

got_mud 1/2 ton status

... is around the corner and this year will be my wifes first official mothers day. any great ideas on how to make it really special? thanks

2. camok10

camok10 1/2 ton status

Well Mr.Husband, Father, Gun Owner....Get her something special. Like some lotion or a Necklace, something you know she will like. Then wheel your way out on some trail, and hide the gift somewheres on the trail in the most romantic place you can find. Then tell her that for mothers day, you will be taking her wheeling. Big suprise right? Well she'll be all like "yea sure, your lame and stuff" but she'll go along. Then get her out there and exclaim how the beauty of the nature around you is no match for her beauty, or something sappy like that. Then when she's basking in the glow of your flattery, and the headlights for that matter cause you had to sneek away in the night while the kid is sleeping, (or in the care of someone else), then you tell her to go look under that log or whatever...and she'll find the lotion, or whatever the hell it was you got her and you, my friend, will be golden. I think. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

OR maybe just take her to dinner.

Its really late, and im really tired. But good luck to you sir.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

"but she'll go along."

something tells me mothers day advice that involves wheeling is bad advice

keep it at home for once homie

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

The more expensive it is, the better.... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ... is around the corner and this year will be my wifes first official mothers day. any great ideas on how to make it really special? thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Make another baby! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Or you could take the easy way out and get her a nice bracelet with some nice shiny stones. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

This will be my wife's first official Mother's Day also. She really likes working in the garden, so I'm going to get her a nice perenial flower that she can plant so that every year she can see it grow and remember that is was the first Mother's Day gift she ever got from her son.

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Nothin says love like roofies, just make sure to clean her up afterward.... /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

8. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Im getting my wife a message, it helps her back relax and she talks about how good it feels for several months. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Im getting my wife a message

[/ QUOTE ]

Going to send her an email "Hope your back feels better today"? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

10. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

When I first read it, I was like
    "Message? What kinda lameass, backwoodsshit is that?"
    then I realized it was that kind of message... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Buy one of those cool frames with the plaster kit in it. Stick the kids foot or hand in it and then stick it in the frame.

What does she enjoy hobby wise?

12. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Buy one of those cool frames with the plaster kit in it. Stick...

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering where you were going to take this... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

13. bigyellowjimmy

[ QUOTE ]
    When I first read it, I was like
    "Message? What kinda lameass, backwoodsshit is that?"
    then I realized it was that kind of message...

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Corby have you seen the May 3 issue of Sports Illustrated? Very cool piece on Pat Tillman.

14. got_mud

got_mud 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Im getting my wife a message, it helps her back relax and she talks about how good it feels for several months. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

how about -giving- your wife a massage? mine is too phobic to go anywhere and have people she doesn't know rubbbbbbbing on her.

okay. wheeling, no.
    dinner, maybe, but thats kind of cliche.
    corby- money is no object, but its not everything.
    doctor says no more babies for awhile.
    shinies and sparklies don't really express sentiment to a graduate of gemological science and certified bench jeweler.
    scott has a good idea that wife and i used for her mom some years back with prize rose bushes.
    fumes... dude... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    steph- got one of those make-a-mold things for the kid when she was like 5 weeks old.
    jeff- /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif back to the subject at hand /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

anything else? i'm at a loss here.

15. bigyellowjimmy

[ QUOTE ]
    how about -giving- your wife a massage? mine is too phobic to go anywhere and have people she doesn't know rubbbbbbbing on her.

[/ QUOTE ]

My wifes not shy or phobic so she loves it. In fact I'd better get a gift certificate today or I'll forget.

What does your wife like to do? Crafts, sewing, gardening, reading???????

16. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    fumes... dude... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Hehehehe, OK how about getting her hypnotized, to stop smoking or lose weight or whatever her major malfunction is and then instead pay the hypnotist an extra fitty to make her???? I'll leave that up to you/forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifI was gonna get a book on how to hypnotize people , but I think the wife beat me to it... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif