Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mothers powerball

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Seventy4Blazer, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

well... do ya have one? does it work? what are you using to drive it with?

i was thinking about buying one to run with my corded drill so my dodge can have clean shoes....

INPUT PLEASE!!
    Grant

2. 1985_K5_Silverado

1985_K5_Silverado 1/2 ton status

My truck gets "washed" when it rains (although I do wash the windows every now and then). Dust? Dirt? Brake dust? Road spray? They just add character. I do rinse in the winter to keep the road salt deposits down. :waytogo:

However, a friend of mine uses one of those powerball things with a cordless drill on his Envoy's wheels sometimes, and he seems to like it.

3. mudbog42

mudbog42 1/2 ton status

Yeah it seems to work, I polished my rims with and it actually put some shine to em that I didn't know they had. Just make sure you have a good drill though. I used a 7.2V drill and its just got no power and wears down the battery after like two rims. But with a good drill I think it would work pretty good, besides it shined mine with my weak and slow drill, its worth it I think

4. Seventy4Blazer

yeah, i got my rims un polished... i like them that way... but then i saw them CLEAN... and i like them better that way... lol.

but now i have one rim that is half clean and the other thrree are dirty, cus its a B!tch to do by hand... lol

5. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Just run a regular full size buffer in em.. Take em off, lay em on the ground, slather some compound in there and take a full size wheel to em... It's how how I reconditioned Weld Draglites for years... You can usually do the bulk of a rim with one... Tho it hammers the pads...

6. Seventy4Blazer

yeah... did i mention that i need something that is faster and much easier on the back... lol...

i thought about that in all honesty, but that means i would have to buy a buffer. once i do that, i have a buffer, i might as well buff the truck... thats a lot of truck as well...

7. mr.smartass

mr.smartass 1 ton status Premium Member

yeah just don't use it on any real rough surfaces, i've taken several back from some guys who had the bright idea to use it on diamond plate and tore them to shreads... and at $24 bucks a piece they're a bit of an investment.

8. Seventy4Blazer

yeah, i said fuk i and went and bought one. walmart has the large one for 19.89. my cordless ir charging, and ill try it with that in the AM. im going back out to the blazer tomorrow, so ill bring the corded home and try that.
    Grant