Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

motivation

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by arq, May 29, 2004.

1. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

what's the best way to get motivated to do an engine swap. I've been wanting to swap my engine for the past week(s) /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif I just look at it and think of all the work that needs be done to get a new engine up and running /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif I guess i could start with the smaller tires so i can get to work on it in the garage...

ARQ.

2. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just start thinking about driving it around topless /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif having it done, running and driving was enough mojo for me.
    Summers here...have some fun with it /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

3. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Think BLAZER-FEST /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

How about this for motivation /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

It ought to move my K20 a bit better than the 307. My first engine swap ever and done all alone. (My on-line buddies sure were great support though!)

[​IMG]

5. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

i just took out the old engine, had lunch and ready to hit it again. now i have to put the other one back in.

driving around here during summer topless is crazy, it's close to 100 and getting higher.

ARQ.

6. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Coffee........lots and lots of coffee. I bet if you went down,bought one of those starbucks type coffees,add a few shots,youd be done in one day /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

I'm done. it wasn't that bad. took one, out put one in, just need the minor details. like carb, dist, exhaust, etc.

I'm surprized how easy it went. last week i replaced the booster on my Tbird. took me 5hrs to take it out, i had to take the wiper motor out. what a pain...

ARQ.

8. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

driving around here during summer topless is crazy, it's close to 100 and getting higher.

9. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

One out and one in that quick - my hat is off to you!

10. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

my record is 8hrs. take a running engine out put one in, including tuneup, all smog equipment, clutch adjustments, and did all by myself using a tree. The next day I took it on a 400 mile road trip. it was on a 69 camaro. then i sold it /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

ARQ.