Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

motor and tranny questions

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by mudbud255, Oct 23, 2005.

1. mudbud255

mudbud255 Newbie

Does anybody know how or what I can do to make a 6.2 diesel work with a 700r4 trans that came behind a 350 gas motor. I still have the th 400 and NP 208 that came with the 6.2 but I think I would like to run the 700R4 because of the overdrive.Also I plan on lifting the burb maybe 6 inches, just bought 33x12.50x15's BFG's couple months ago.What type of suspension would be a good choice,dont have to worry about to much flexing down here in Florida just lots of mud no rocks. Will be pulling a 30 foot camper quite often.still have the stock 10 bolts right now will find a 1 ton rear soon.What would be a good gear ratio to go with 33's or maybe upgrade to 36's with the over drive trans. Or if I keep the TH 400 what would be a good ratio? I started building an 86 Blazer about 9 years ago it has 6.2 diesel,th400, NP208 12 inch springs and a 3 inch body lift and 2.5 ton rockwells but I never finished it and now my family has grown to five kids so I need to build the Burb.I would take the 12 in.springs out of the Blazer but they are not the right length, so I need to start all over I guess, and the 2.5 tons it will take me a while to save up for the brakes and I think the 6.72 gears might be a little much for a daily driver. any help or suggestions will be appreciated
    Buddy

2. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

To my knowledge the 6.2 has a different tranny bolt pattern than the SBC atleast that is what I was told when I was inquiring about manual transmissions. If you have a trans that came from behind a 6.2 put both transmissions end to end and compare the bolt pattern. That should tell you if they will work.

Ira

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

same pattern bellhousings. and just need to swap in deisel converter and govenors. all of this for the diffrent power band of the deisel engine. you should post this in the desiel section and search in there lots of good stuff.