Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

motor bogs and sputers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by screamer*145, Jan 20, 2005.

1. screamer*145

screamer*145 1/2 ton status

ok this is the thing, from a stop or rolling anywere in between about 0-60 if i nail it to the floor it bogs down and or spits and sputers and then graduly gets up and moves now i have timing set at about -8. i have a q-carb (i think it is the culprit) because i know that some times the sscondary fuel well pugs will leak an load the engine up. if that is the case i can fix it. but anything else that pops into mind on this please let me know so i can fix it thank you for you :1zhelp:

2. smooty

smooty Newbie

i had those problems once

here's what i did, first i thought it was the carb(it might be for you) so i got that adjusted and it had still the same problems not as bad.i ****ed with the timing it ran a little better but it would still spuder when i let it idle or when i was driving and i jumped on it,i seen i had a small crack in the wire so i replaced my spark plug wires and went ou to the country and jumped on it till i hot about 85 mph and drove like that for a mile i go back home and now it runs perfectly fine.

3. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Sounds like mine, hopefully I can swap that stuff out and have this thing running like yours. I'm going on 3 years of never running quite right.