Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

motor dead?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JimmyJuneau, Dec 1, 2001.

1. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

My drivers side windo wont go up it is a powe window when I flip the button up I dont hear the motor running or anthing the passenger side works fin and so does the rear window. I have checked to see if it is getting power and it is so Im guessing the motor is dead is there anything else I should check?

It just goes to figure as soon as I get the qjet problems fixed I still cant drive my truck unless I wanna freeze to death.

1985 GMC JIMMY

2. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

When my window did this I pried it up from the bottom of the channel.
    A year later and I still haven't fixed it.
    It will be realy stiff going up so take care not to break the glass especialy if it is cold out.
    I got lucky(I guess) and mine crapped out when the window was 1/2 way up. You might see if any salvage yards in your area have them. If not then do what I do. Don't roll the window down. [​IMG]

<font color=green> Too bad ignorance isn't painful </font color=green>

3. JimmyJuneau

Well I need the window to operate. Plus there arent any salvage yards here does anyone have a different approach to fixing this?

1985 GMC JIMMY

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Check with your local parts house for a replacement motor. I've bought new AC Delco window motors for $45. Hardly makes it worth the trouble to mess with a used one and possibly have to do the job again soon.

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

5. JimmyJuneau

how hard is it to replace the motor?I have a 85 with stock doors.

1985 GMC JIMMY

6. SKI-'84K5

SKI-'84K5 1/2 ton status

if you really must have this window work and you don't want to spend the money for a new motor then swap driver ans pass side motors, granted you cant lower your pass window but your driver side will work, $.02

7. JimmyJuneau

I thought that you couldnt swap them becasue they wont fit on both sides of the truck.Is there anyway I can just unbolt something in there and raise the window?

1985 GMC JIMMY

8. SKI-'84K5

SKI-'84K5 1/2 ton status

the motor for my 84 was new and came w/ mounting directions for drvr and pass side mounting

9. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

It's not too hard. Just follow the directions that come with the new motor. Should take less than an hour to swap the motor and put all the trim back on the door. [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...