Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Motor idea........

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by milehighz28, Nov 2, 2002.

1. milehighz28

milehighz28 Registered Member

Hey guys. I am planning on replacing the 350 I currently have in my Blazer with something better. I wanted to run this past my fellow motor heads and get some oppinions.

I work at a speed shop in Broomfield, and have access to some parts cheap, which is good because I have a low budget for it this year. I was thinking of rebuilding the stock 350 LT1 I am yanking out of my Camaro into a 355, porting the heads, and then putting a TPI system that we have lieing around onto it. I would have to buy a new distributor, a computer (from a junk yard) and a wiring harness, but all in all, I think that would be a pretty stout motor. What do you guys think? Any TPI guys out there? Satisfied with all that low end torque?

Jeff

2. florida4x4

florida4x4 1/2 ton status

do it. get the harness and computer from a 90-92 grandam with a v-6.

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I dont think you could go wrong.

4. milehighz28

milehighz28 Registered Member

v-6 grand-am? That will work? 8 injectors in mine, so how will that work?

5. florida4x4

florida4x4 1/2 ton status

sure will. these efi's are batch fire systems. injectors on the left bank fire, then the right bank, then left, etc. so all you have to do is add the extra injector connectors to a v-6 harness. the computers are the same too the only diff is the software prom (called memcal). for a performance 350 the hot ticket is the memcal from a 1991 transam gta. gm part number: 16151348

Search around there is lots of info out there