Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

motor mount questions for a 1988 k5 blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tbi350ihscout, May 20, 2003.

1. tbi350ihscout

tbi350ihscout Newbie

i need to know the distance between the motor mounts on a 1988 K5 blazer that has the SBC 350 in it...or a website that has the information. Also, could any one help me with what the angle/degree that the motor mount on the block is. or show me a website for all this info
    thanks

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

You're in luck. I just happen to have an '88 Blazer in the garage with a missing engine. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Center to center on the holes that the motor mount bolts slip through is 17 inches. My protractor shows that the brackets the motor mounts bolt to are 47 degrees from horizontal. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. tbi350ihscout

tbi350ihscout Newbie

man you are awesome!!!!!! thanks a whole bunch.

4. tbi350ihscout

tbi350ihscout Newbie

one more question harry, what is the measurement right above the mounts on the frame...from frame rail to frame rail.
    thanks
    man you really made my day

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

25 inches from inside of each frame rail, when measured at the centerline of the motor mounts. (The frame tapers through there, so I picked that spot as a constant). /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif