Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

motor mount

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 69K5, Apr 9, 2002.

1. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

I just bought a .350 from Bigbad75K5 and my motor mounts are different. the ones on the .350 are the usual 2 piece with the big bolt in the middle to act like a pivot point. My .307 has three bolts that go directly into the block and one big one that bolts to the crossmember (frame). These look like they have the same spacing as the .350 mounts. I think the .350 will bolt up the same way or do I need to put in new motor mounts? This is my daily driver so I have to do this in one Saturday and need to make sure all my ducks are in a row.
    sorry its alittle vague

Also what year did they swap to the 2 piece kind?

thanks for all the help

nathan

2. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

the externals of the chevy small block (283-400cid) are identical, 99%. you should be able to remove the motor mounts from your block and put them on the 350.

I've found both types of motor mounts at local parts stores, the flat ones are not made in poly, though.

anyone correct me if I am wrong, don't want to mislead anyone.

ARQ.

3. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

arq is right about the fitament, I'm not sure about the poly though. The small block mounts changed in '73. But the bolt holes in the block are all the same.

4. JIMs70K25

JIMs70K25 1/2 ton status

I think GMC Pauls has poly mounts for SBC engines in 67-72 trucks. About $80.

5. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

I have the old 1 piece motor mounts in my '72 truck. The part where the mounts bolt to the block is the same between the '72 & earlier and the '73 and later. The flat ones are available in poly. Check out www.suspension.com. They are $76 per pair. I just ordered some because I keep breaking the rubber ones.

Will

6. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

the block is from a 75 does that mean the holes are diffrent. or did you mean thats when they changed the mount style?

thanks everybody for allthe help

nathan

7. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

The holes are the same on the block. They changed the mounts in '73 I think. The older one-piece mounts will bolt up to your '75 block. My block is an '81 and I'm running the old style one-piece mounts.

Will

8. Murph

Murph Registered Member

I put a 91 5L TPI motor in mine and the mounts bolted up just fine. Like arq said, the block didn't really change. The block is still SAE, but everything else is metric. Pain, but you have to credit GM in making things interchangable and standard.

9. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

cool thanks for the help i'm just a little paranoid

nathan