Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Motor Mounts on 1990 K5 4 x 4

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cinquecentoe, Oct 27, 2002.

1. cinquecentoe

cinquecentoe Registered Member

All,

this is me again, the German with the vibes on the '90 K5 4x4.

Anyone can say how the engine has to sit in the engine compartment ? We checked yesterday with a "water-level".
    Mine tends to the passengers side, it is lower on the right than on the left -drivers- side. Couldthat be a worn motor mount, or both sides after 12 years ??

Any recommondations on changing the motor mounts ??

Thank you, have a nice sunday.

Regards Alex

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Have someone sit in the truck (that you trust ;->), apply the brake put it in drive and rev up the motor a little at a time, do the same in reverse. If the motor jumps one way more than the other than you have a worn out mount, mine was broke and I had problems busting exhaust manifolds on the passengers side (drivers side mount was broke). When we done this I could see the motor on the drivers side jump up like 2 inches (I think in reverse) from inside the truck with the hood open. I had problems getting the right mounts from the auto parts store, got the right side when I needed the left took it back got the other and got one that the rubber part of the mount on the inside was installed upside down and I went to another auto parts store with the orginal in hand and finally got the right part! Good luck, the install is not that hard in you have 3 or 4 hands and good jack.

3. cinquecentoe

cinquecentoe Registered Member

Thank you for your advice

Alex

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif