Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

motor mounts wont freakin line up!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 4x4blazer, Aug 4, 2000.

1. 4x4blazer

4x4blazer 1/2 ton status

I just got new motor mounts to put in with my new engine. I went ahead and dropped my engine in with the old mounts cause I had people here to help. I figured I could just pick the engine up a little and swap the mounts when I got them. Well, I got the new mounts, lifted the engine just a tad, pulled the old mounts out, slipped the new mounts in, and wallah!!!.....the freakin holes wont line up now!!! The new mounts are identicle to the old ones. No matter how much pryin and pushin I do, they wont line up. It's almost like the whole engine and tranny assembly moved back about a inch or so. If this is the case, how do I shift it forward again? I am open to any suggestions.
    Thanks for any help.

2. 4x4blazer

4x4blazer 1/2 ton status

Somebody please help. I know someone has an idea. This problem is really tickin me off!!!!

3. 4x4blazer

4x4blazer 1/2 ton status

Still no ideas?

4. derek2002

derek2002 1/2 ton status

I dont really know much about this, but if you think that your motor slipped back, try putting your old mounts in and see if they line up. If they dont, you know that something has shifted. If they do, I have no ideas except call the parts supplier and double check the numbers. Good luck.

-Derek

5. Toad

Toad 1/2 ton status

Derek2002,

Now you know why they say to change them one at a time if possible. I changed the drivers side on mine with the passengers still to do. I jacked it up from the oil pan (I think it bent a little) with a 2x4 across it. I noticed that the mount came off o.k., but to line it up took a little while. I put in the bolts first and then put in the pin. The pin took a couple of tries.

I had to lower the motor a hair from where it was so it kind of snapped down on the new mount. Then I took a phillips screw driver and put in where the pin should go. I moved it around to help it line up. I then took a standard screw driver with a tip about the same size as the pin and put it in and wiggled it around until it went in the right spot. The pin should go in after this if all is well.

6. 6.2 man

6.2 man 1/2 ton status Premium Member

This may not help but I've used a cherry picker to lift the engine for that kind of work . if things are just a little off it's easy to move the engine around .

7. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

I've used a large punch and driven it in from the backside to line everything up, then carefully knocked the bolt in from the other side. You also may loosening the transfer case bolts to get a little play while doing this.