Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

motor mounts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by paddyjim, Jul 28, 2001.

1. paddyjim

paddyjim Registered Member

just removed a very tired 305 from my 84 blazer. Putting a 350 crate engine in its place. My question is about motor mounts. Should i purchase nw motor mounts when i swap engines. The ones i have look pretty good. if you guys think I should what is the advantage. who sells the best engine mounts. Any information that you could provide will be greatly appreciated. I'm kind of a rookie when it comes to this stuff.

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Look at it this way, its alot easier to change em out now rather than when the engine is in the rig. Mine looked fine too but for what 50 bucks, I didnt see a reason to not change em and I can now forget em for a few yrs.

Out of 100,000 sperm, YOU were the fastest?? [​IMG]

3. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

I had bought new inserts before I started the engine swap in my 'Burb. I was glad I did. One was completely disintegrated. I put the Energy Suspension urethane inserts in. They worked great. Just make sure you read the directions good.

4. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

For $29 each ($58 pair) get the high energy suspension inserts. They use the existing clam-shells and are good for any size V-8 small or big block. They will last much longer, flex less, and if you decide to put a big-block or another small block in later down the road, you won't have to get new mounts.

If you didn't build it yourself, how can you call it yours.......?

5. surg82k5

surg82k5 1/2 ton status

I would say for sure change them, while it is easy. I have heard from Damon at toybox off road not to get poly motor mounts, he said he had them and they squeeked so bad he had to take them out. that is the reason i would with rubber mounts on mine.
    sergio

Check out my new website. <a target="_blank" href=http://www.surg82k5.rockcrawler.com>http://www.surg82k5.rockcrawler.com</a>

6. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Poly is well known for it's squeaking (nature of the beast). The areas you will notice it most in suspension components. If you use a high quality, non-waterbased, thick lube to put on the poly components, you should not have a problem. I lubed all my bushings with high temp marine lube and in three years have not heard a peep. I have all poly body mounts, supsension mounts (leaf springs eyelets, shock eyelets, stabilizer eyelets, swaybar eyelets and mounts), transfer case mounts, and soon to be motor mounts. I would highly recommend them if you are willing to take the time to install them will proper lube.

If you didn't build it yourself, how can you call it yours.......?

7. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

You can also check the "competition style" motor mounts that <a target="_blank" href=http://www.offroaddesign.com>www.offroaddesign.com</a> sells. Pricey, though.

<font color=purple>//////
    <a target="_blank" href=http://blazer79.freeyellow.com>blazer79.freeyellow.com</a></font color=purple><font color=black>
    Soon a 454 K5!!</font color=black>
    [​IMG]