Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Motor mounts

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by skyblazer, Aug 29, 2001.

1. skyblazer

skyblazer 1/2 ton status

Still putting pieces of my 72 together. It's been a long time since I pulled the engine out of the chassis and I don't remember how the mounts bolt to the frame crossmember. The mounts are threaded for a 7/16" bolt, but the crossmember has a 3/4" hole (approx)? What gives, am I missing some pieces or just a few marbles?

2. JoshA

JoshA 1/2 ton status

as I recall (its been awhile for me too) there is a big hole in the crossmember that is supposed to give you access to the bolt that connects the mount with the engine. around this hole should be 3 smaller holes that are used to bolt the mount to the crossmember. hope this helps

'72 blazer 9" lift YOKO mudders 35x12.50 350/sm465/3.73 UTAH

3. skyblazer

skyblazer 1/2 ton status

Well, Im not at home right now to look at it, but there are three bolts countersunk into the rubber part of the mount that are used to bolt the mount to the engine block. Then there is only one threaded hole 7/16 in the mount where it bolts to the crossmember. Is there another piece to the mount on the other side of the frame crossmember? Holes line up, but the 7/16 bolt is swimming in the 3/4 hole.

4. Tommy

Tommy 1/2 ton status

This larger hole is so it will be easy to get the bolt in, plus any differences in parts. It has a large thick washer to cover the large hole. Hope this helps.

Drive it Like You Hate It!