Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

motor mounts???

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by mudddog91, Nov 19, 2002.

1. mudddog91

mudddog91 1/2 ton status

Hey anyone swap and older engine into their late model chevy?Im putting a 383 I had in my 74 1 ton into my 1991 z 71 and im having trouble getting the motor mounts to line up.I bought mew mounts for the frame side as the older style will not fit and ive got the old style brackets on the motor and it seems like the new style might be narrower?
    Any info anyone?

2. Roostr84

Roostr84 1/2 ton status

Have you tried using your brackets off of the original z71 motor. I haven't pulled a later model truck motor but the blocks are the same until the ls1 style motors as far as remember. Someone correct me if I am wrong

3. mudddog91

mudddog91 1/2 ton status

The original motor was a 4.3 v6 and the motor mounts went with the engine when i sold it.............Damn the luck......

4. Roostr84

Roostr84 1/2 ton status

Oh I gotcha...well then I would get the correct v8 mounts new or from a junkyard. If you already bought the one piece to it then just grab the other. I used to have a few laying around from various years but I think I got rid of them all last summer whne I cleaned out the shop. Sorry I can't be more helpful.