Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Motor mounts???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mudddog91, Nov 19, 2002.

1. mudddog91

mudddog91 1/2 ton status

Ive posted this in the other forum also but thought maybe someone could help here.Ive got a 74 1 ton and a 1991 z71.
    Im swapping the motor from the 1 ton into the 91( I know not legal Oh well) Now I know the mount that goes to the frame side is different so I bought new ones for the 1991.But the brackets that mount to the engine from the older style wont line up.Are they indeed different and can I just get a set of mounts in a junkyard for a 1991 and bolt them to my older engine?Ive got a buttload of money in the engine thats why im swapping .............Help please!

2. unsane

unsane Guest

Why not just get some 74 motor mounts and drill the frame on the 91 and bolt em on that way the the motorwill bolt right up. Make sure to do a "dry" run first that way you wont drill in the wrong spots. That is attach the motor to the trannyand set it down , mark your holes to drill, then move the motor drill the mount holes and you will be good to go. Jut my opinion

3. mudddog91

mudddog91 1/2 ton status

Only problem with that is the frame at the motor mount is stepped so the 91 motor mounts(rubber half) only uses 3 bolts to the frame where the 74 uses the 4 bolt pattern.
    Thanks anyways!