Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Motor Mounts ????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by opfor2, Mar 10, 2003.

1. opfor2

opfor2 1/2 ton status

Hi all,

I would like to change my stock motor mounts and replace them with polyurethane from energy suspension. However, they don't list any mounts or incerts for my vehicle. Has anyone else replaced their mounts and if so what type did you use.

thanks

Dan...

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Dan, went down to my local speed shop, we grabbed both of the "biscuits", and took them out to my truck to compare. There are two "thicknesses" of motor mounts, which is what you need to make sure of.

They were no more expensive at the local place, and I knew they would fit, so it made sense to by them that way.

Haven't installed them yet, but since you re-use the stock steel halves, you might try looking the "inserts" up for an earlier truck, ('81-87 K10 for instance) just to make sure you are looking for the right part, if you are trying online or in a catalog.

To clarify a bit, my '81 frame (with '74 350) uses the clamshell mounts, but there are still two different thicknesses of them. I doubt the later trucks such as yours use any different "style", but the thickness may have changed.

3. BigRed89

BigRed89 1/2 ton status

I replaced the motor mounts on my '89 Sub with Energy Suspension polyurethane units. I have the three-bolt clamshell style motor mounts, so I used part #355-3-1121G from the JEGS catalog. Check out the website page I just listed and look about 2/3 down the page. I have had no problems with the mounts so far and they have worked well.

4. opfor2

opfor2 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I replaced the motor mounts on my '89 Sub with Energy Suspension polyurethane units. I have the three-bolt clamshell style motor mounts, so I used part #355-3-1121G from the JEGS catalog. Check out the website page I just listed and look about 2/3 down the page. I have had no problems with the mounts so far and they have worked well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I'll look it up and see. I think that your 89sub is just like my 90 blazer isn't it ?

dan..

5. BigRed89

BigRed89 1/2 ton status

As far as I know your mounts are the same as mine. Maybe someone else will chime in to confirm this. Good luck!