Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Motor Options, Time for a new one

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by GRINCH, Mar 8, 2001.

1. GRINCH

GRINCH 1/2 ton status

I finally have enough money saved to replace my tired 350. I need advice on options. I was looking at chevys new 350 Ramjet crate. I just put had my 700R4 rebuilt (Corvette Servo, kevlar bands... The Works) I want a motor with more torque as I pull a heavy trailer from time to time. The Blaze is a daily driver. I already swapped out the gears with 4.11's. Running 33 12.50's. The problem with the Ramjet is it has it's own ECM and you have to by a seperate transmisson controller from Jet. The o2 harness would also have to be purchased from Arizona Speed and Marine.

Isn't there a decent crate out there where the stock ECM can be used. I just spent $130 getting my speedo recalibrated.

Thanks for helping,,,,,

The Few, The Proud, The K5 Blazer

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Don't have the time/tools/space to do it yourself? Sorry, can't help you out besides doing it yourself....aren't there any hi-po crate motors that take the same intake pattern you have? Maybe you could have a machine shop build up one for you? They typically have blocks laying around that people never paid on, etc.

Dorian
    My K5 and Chev/Olds tech/links page: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</A>

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I'd look into 377 and 383 stroker motors... both are very torquey and will give a lot more power then a 350. 383 short blocks generally go in the 1500 range or less... bolt on some good heads, headers, etc and have a custom chip burned and you'll be set... that is what my plan is gonna be

1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI