Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

motor rebuilding help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlazerBoy, Jun 22, 2000.

1. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

I built my motor the other day and when I was putting the pistons in the chiltons said that there should be a mark on the top of the piston and that is to face the front of the engine. So I did that all of the marks point to the front. I talk to a friend last night he said that all of the heavy sides of the connecting rod caps or bearing caps should also face the front of the engine. So I checked it and I have the drivers side bearing caps faceing the front but on the passenger side the caps face the back. Which is right.. and tell me please I dont have to tear down the motor again. It is all ready installed.

BlazerBoy
    http://generalblueballs.coloradok5.com

2. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

"Usually" the rods and rod caps are marked with numbers that should be pointing outward, so that you can view the numbers. These numbers are stamped in on the edge of the rod and caps.

ken