Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

motor rebuilding...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MEPR, Jan 10, 2004.

1. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Well i tore down my second Isuzu motor today. Took me about 3hours to completely dissasemble my troopers 2.6L 4banger. Found a few problems, on cylinder has an obviously burn valve. The machinest my dad used to race whith will take car of that. The other problem in the top end is an injector problem i think, on cylinder is washed whith fuel. Theres also evidence of fuel leacking past the rings, i get to play whith injectors tomarow...
    The other problem, the thrust beaings on the crank were DEAD. The oil passeges were worn clean through and as a result the deceided that carving a nice gouge in the crank would be fun /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif. Oh well, this just opens up oportunities for dropping a 2.8L cank in and stroking the 2.6L /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

2 words...spell check. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

3. rjfguitar

Maybe you can make two hundled hosepaowa with that motor, drop it in a honda, and have...vely fast cau. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

damn spelling police. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

At least it gives you a chance to build up the motor the way you want it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Maybe you can make two hundled hosepaowa with that motor, drop it in a honda, and have...vely fast cau.

[/ QUOTE ]
    don't forget to add some naws /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif by the way rjfguitar, very funny /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    And just so I don't hijack this post, why not just ditch the 2.6L and swap in a V8? To me, that seems like a lot of work and a lot of money for very little power /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

6. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I thought all you needed for an Isuzu rebuild was to get a new squirrel.

7. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    I thought all you needed for an Isuzu rebuild was to get a new squirrel.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah you can get a rebuilt hampster wheel at your local auto parts store and I have plenty of squirrels on my ranch, hook em' up with a cocaine I.V. for some extra hosepaowa and you'd have a tire melting potent rodent./forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Very encouraging words /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif CK5 is not equipt with a spell check and I dont think Steve appointed you to the Spelling Police/Moderator position yet. Lighten up on the kid. He knows what he wants and is going after it. You would feel a little pissed if someone got on your case about the "Poser" rig concept, so why attack other members of this great site on similar grounds?

9. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Very encouraging words /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif CK5 is not equipt with a spell check and I dont think Steve appointed you to the Spelling Police/Moderator position yet. Lighten up on the kid. He knows what he wants and is going after it. You would feel a little pissed if someone got on your case about the "Poser" rig concept, so why attack other members of this great site on similar grounds?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Because I would love to help him and be helped which is why I am a member of this great site but I need to be able to read his post to help him! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

10. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I see no point in fighting about it, I'm sure he can take a joke about spelling. I could read what he was typing perfectly and although I enjoyed the chuckle I got from rjfguitar's post I replied with a straight foreward answer anyways. It's ok to have fun and help at the same time, we all know rjf gets enough crap for his bling bling welds and nice paint I'd just like to see a good 350 go into that LUV rather than a modified 2.6L /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Just my opinion.

11. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    I see no point in fighting about it, I'm sure he can take a joke about spelling. I could read what he was typing perfectly and although I enjoyed the chuckle I got from rjfguitar's post I replied with a straight foreward answer anyways. It's ok to have fun and help at the same time, we all know rjf gets enough crap for his bling bling welds

[/ QUOTE ]It is stupid to argue about it. I could also read what he was saying but I think a guy should take a little better shot at his spelling, I personally take a little pride in my spelling and punctuation. I always enjoy getting a good shot in at the ricer guys! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif [ QUOTE ]
    and nice paint

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif It's going into the paint shop for a full repaint as soon as the weather is warm enough. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif [ QUOTE ]
    I'd just like to see a good 350 go into that LUV rather than a modified 2.6L /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Just my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ] Me too! Maybe a blazer frame swap and you might as well do a K5 body swap too while your at it. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif Just kidding, I knew a guy that had a 2wd love with a 500HP 327 in it and he could burn the tires off it in one pass. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

(just to give you a taste of your own medicine)

Maybe you should learn to read. He said nothing about putting this in his Luv. This is for his Isuzu Trooper.

That said, I wonder how anyone with friends as cool as mountain explorer ends up with Luv truck and an IFS F150 for wheelin' rigs, but to each his own, I respect anyone who'll get off their ass and wrench so they can 'wheel, however, I also have a deep hatred for those who choose to spend their money on foreign cars when we've got our own economy to support, but either way, that's a different post completely (not to mention GM owns almost half of Isuzu anyway).