Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

motor swap

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by s10350power, Aug 6, 2002.

1. s10350power

s10350power Registered Member

I have a s10 blazer with the lame 2.8 crappy motor, and i was wondering how long it took u guys to put in the 350's and the 700r? I was also wondering if u think that is a good combination? Thanks I have the money i just want to know what im getting into
    O yeah anyone have an estamited price? Ive looked i just want to see what some people paid. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I once totaled all my reciepts up to $2000... before the aluminum intake, new carb, changed radiator for the 4th time... I rebuilt the motor and tranny myself (1st time for both) and it all worked out well in the end. I did not have a book to go by and learned by trial and error (no internet access in the sticks yet back then).

Very worth the effort. I still have motor mount brackets for sale from my truck (rusted out and parted out long time ago).

I even got better gas mileage from a 350/700R4 combo than the original 2.8/700R4.

3. s10350power

s10350power Registered Member

Also i was wondering what gears i should go with I have 30/9.5 15 dulop redial mud rovers thanks again My total is so far going to be way more then that 2000 u told me /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif