Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Motor upgrades?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kombi59, Feb 19, 2004.

1. kombi59

kombi59 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, I am planning on some upgrades to the K5. a set of edelbrock heads a cam, roller rockers, intake and holley truck avenger carb. any suggestions on this stuff? so many choices. it is a crate 350. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

you could buy my trick-flow alum. heads with roller rockers already installed /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif they flow much better then edelbock heads... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I don't like Edelbrock heads really, for just a couple hundred dollars more you can have a much better 50 state legal AFR head. I would look at comp cams for you camshaft needs, I have a comp and like it very much. I would aim for a cam with around 430" lift or so with around 210 duration, reason for the low lift number is because I would run 1.6:1 roller rockers if you are going to spend the money anyway. That would put you around 460" lift and would help build torque. An edelbrock performer intake would be nice along with the truck avenger. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Zoomies and NITRO /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. lukebaby1

lukebaby1 1/2 ton status

How bout a crane double roller chain with thrust bearing and cam button. Do you think the holley will be a better performer than a new quadrajet? Also if you really want to get trick the MSD Pro Billet HEI for about four Ben Franklins. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. 84txk5blazer

84txk5blazer Registered Member

how about a fuel injected big block /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

Looks like you got it all...Maybe some Chevy orange paint, oh dont forget the blower /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif