Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Motor

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mudjunkie 82, Feb 1, 2004.

1. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

What motor does everyone run, and any future plans for it?

2. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

427 Tall Deck. Plans either just rebuild it or maybe bore stroke to some thing big. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

350 now, plan to build BBC!
    Bill

4. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

I run a 305 right as of now but plans are for either a 350-400 or a BB. These plans are of course way down the road.

5. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

TBI 454 right now. I am pulling it this spring to add Multi-Port and Edelbrock Aluminum heads and a roller cam. If I have any $$ left over, I will be adding and Eagle ESP forged 4.25" crank. Luckily I already have a set of Eagle ESP H-beam 6.385" rods hanging around and a set of Weisco 10:1 pistons /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif But the crak my have to wait since the heads and MPFI are gonna set me back a bit...

Chris

6. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

TBI 454 now. if/when it goes, will most likely go crate 502. Put my roller cam set up in it.

7. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

I have an OEM type starter motor. Although to move the truck I will use a 388 Small block chevy.

8. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Ah yes the whole motor=electric and engine= combustion type debate /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

400 small block. Hope to have a 454 in the near future. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

388 stroker. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

The only plans I have are to possibly change the induction. I'll go Q-jet or TPI or Edelbrock MPFI if I win the lottery or something. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

11. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

350 with Q-jet for now. Might go fuel injected later.

12. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

stock 350 with holley contender intake and holley 4 barrel carb, cfm unknown, stock manifolds and true dual 2" with cherry bomb turbo 2 mufflers hanging on..

future plans include aluminum heads, qjet, edelbrock air gap intake, long tubes and full 2.5" exhaust..

farther future plans include a 385" stroker from the 4 bolt 010 block in the garage..

13. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

TBI 350 with around 160,000 miles on the clock. It's starting to blow smoke on startup so it's just breaking in! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'll either rebuild it with a mild cam and some head porting or just go to a 454 with TBI. depends on how much ching I have in the bank at the time /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

14. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

I am one of those wierdo in-line six guys /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif- I run a 292 /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif w/ T.B.I. w/ Offy intake - Crane wiggle stick/CompCams timing gears - LPG pistons - and the usual balanced rotating assy.
    Tom /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    My future plans for it is to have it run for many years TROUBLE FREE ! atleast that's what I am hoping for .....

15. pineyjon

pineyjon Registered Member

goodwrench 350 w\edelbrock performer intake, carb, and cam. future plans for a caddy 500 swap

16. lukebaby1

lukebaby1 1/2 ton status

Goodwrench 350 4bolt main, warranty voided right off the bat. Installed crane true double roller timing chain with thrust bearing and cam button. Comp cams self aligning magnum roller rockers and push rods. Weiand dual plane aluminum manifold with egr. Edelbrock tubular exhuast system with high flow cat, and flowmasters. Weber quadrajet 785 cfm. Melling high volume oil pump. MSD Pro billet HEI. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

17. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Currently running a built 406 small block with 9,000 miles on it so far. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif It's got a high volume oil pump, comp 268H cam, 9.2:1 compression, edel. performer intake, retuned edel. performer Q-jet, recurved perf. HEI,K&N filter, hooker competition full length headers, dual 40 series flowmasters.

Future plans are AFR 195cc aluminum heads, 50HP shot of squeeze, and maybe edel. multi port fuel injection. That should put me around 475HP or so and BBC spankin' torque. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

18. berg76

berg76 1/2 ton status

Im running a stock TBI 305 now. Runs awesome for all offroad situations(mud excluded). But its my daily driver and she doesnt have enough umph /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Plan is to build a stock tbi350 or a mild tbi383. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Probably the 383 because those ricers piss me off sometimes /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

A GM zz4 350... (LT-1)
    I've beat that motor...and it still wants more!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

20. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

wtf is a motor /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[​IMG]