Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Motorcycle riders - read up...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jarheadk5, May 30, 2006.

1. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Please be careful, folks. Especially when passing people...

I had the misfortune of seeing a motorcycle rider IN the back of a car this afternoon. It appears he and his partner (both on crotch-rockets) were passing slower traffic in the right lane, and one of them rear-ended a car stopped in the left lane, making a left turn. The bike's remains were in front of the car, and he ended up in the backseat of the car. Not a good sight...

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Ouch...................

3. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

That suck's :( . We had a guy out here get killed on hwy 30 going out to St,hellens . He was sitting on his bike at a stop light and someone came along in a Ford Excersion and mowed him over and the car that the bike was behind . I guess he didn't see the light was RED ! It's that time of year again :( .

4. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

What? For all the fu(ktards to come out? Around here, damn near everyone on a bike rides like an idiot. I won't miss them.

Last edited: May 31, 2006
  5. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Yep, we made a bad one a week or so back. He went head on into a car waiting at a redlight. I guess he lost control somehow, an ended up over in their lane. Talk about a mess... I won't even go into detail. He must have been hauling arse too...

A week before we made a hi-way worker who was hit by a car that lost control, while he was standing in the grass along side the road. Talk about bad... I'm mean really bad. He was inside the car too. The bad thing was all his co-workers were there, and pretty freaked out. Then his parents showed up before they ever removed his body...

Not for the faint of heart..

6. docgab

docgab 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Meh, it goes both ways. I see lots of bikers riding like idiots. I see just as many people not really paying attention and turning left in front of bikes etc.

7. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Happened to my fraternity brother a few years back. Luckily he was only going about 20 MPH.

8. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

When bikers ride dangerously, their mind is aware of what they are doing. They know they are riding like a douche bag. They do it on purpose.

When cars turn in front of bikes, do you think they do it on purpose? No. I think their mind somehow subconsciously blocks out the fact that they have to yeild for a motorcycle. It's like the mind thinks "No cars are coming, it's ok to go." Maybe this is because most other traffic is cars so the mind doesn't realize a motorcycle as another vehicle? I don't know. I do know that nobody purposely puts their vehicle in the path of a motorcycle with intentions of causing an accident. I'm not justifying their actions... just trying to understand.

9. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Some people are just ignorant, unaware, non-observant, and plain stupid.

10. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I have a little bit of experience regarding motorcycle accidents from a couple of perspectives. Yes, there are idiots on motorcycles who ride like maniacs in shorts, sandals, and with no caution. However, the majority of turn in front of the bike accidents are not these people. Most motorcycle accidents occur when people driving cars and trucks do not see the motorcyclist until it is too late. This is usually a combination of not looking, not looking hard enough, inattention, or just lousy driving skills. Yes, these motorists don't want to hit a biker, but they do it all the time. The percentage of bikers killed because they were riding like a pinhead is much smaller than the percentage of bikers killed by motorists at fault. Some motorists also view a motorcycle like another car. If the motorcyclist irritates them, they will cut them off, force them into another lane, try and beat them to a turn, etc. They do not realize that stopping, turning, and other maneuvers taken for granted in a car are not the same for a biker. I can't count how many times I have been tailgated on a bike by somebody who is irritated with me for some perceived reason, or they are just in a hurry. Rear end another car and you get a bent fender. Rear end a biker and you may kill them.