Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MotoX

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Brians89K5, May 21, 2006.

1. Brians89K5

Brians89K5 1/2 ton status

So my buddy and I went to the track today, had a great time before my buddy decided to go out for ONE LAST lap.... Poor fella cased a double and had his handle bars slice up his leg... :doah: He's a lucky sucker though because it only seperated his skin from the muscle. My buddy gets off the track and was like.... Man I hurt bad, I went down hard. So Im thinking he's sore so I say lemmie see, thats when I was like :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: YAY off to the ER. 16 stiches later and he is good as new. I got some pics of that stuff, could see his muscle. Ill post it up only is ya'll wanna see.

Anyone here have any track stories? Or like to ride dirtbikes at all?

~Brian

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

This post is worthless with out pics....................

3. Brians89K5

I didn't want to offend anyone with something too gruesome.

~Brian

4. Brians89K5

okiedookie heres some pictures. Yum yum anyone want some steak?

SonOuchie.jpg

5. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

:eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: WWOOOOWWA!!!!!!!!! THAT IS A NASTY GASH!:eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: glad he didn't hit a main artery, could have blead to death in minutes.

6. Brians89K5

he's a pretty lucky SOB thats for darn sure!

~Brian

Last edited: May 21, 2006
  7. AllamericanK5

AllamericanK5 1/2 ton status

Yeah man that looks like no fun. I ride. I got a 99 kx125 I just had punched out and renickelsealed. Wow if any of you have one I recomend it!!! What all do you have? What track were you at?

8. Brians89K5

I was at a local track out here called star west, or as we all like to call it... "Scar west" seems if you ride there for any period of time your gettin a scar and a story. I have an 05 450r. These new 4 strokers and bad freaking ass. I used to be all about the 2 stroke bikes but my eyes have seen the light. I used to ride a 91 Cr250 and have also owned a 88 Cr500 and an old It175. Kawasaki makes a darn good product too. Where you ride out there?
    ~Brian

9. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

damn... ive seen that before... on time on a friends arm. i ride quads. ive got an 04 polaris predator 500. ive been fortunate to not do something like that yet...

10. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I had an 89 CR500 that was all hopped up. Funnest dirt bike i've ever had. First was useless no matter how it was geared. I learned all about the two stroke "powerband" and first gear didn't mix well. Hell, second and third could flop me in a blink if it caught traction and I wasn't ready. I only had two machines outdrag me when I used to play with it out around santa fe- a kx500 that barely pulled me and a banshee that was BUILT. That thing was a beast. It broke my right foot in six places. It straight flopped me at least three times while wheelying it. It took out my ACL and MCL in my right knee. I sold it as fast as I could- took like 2 years. Nice cut by the way. He's definately lucky.:D I would love to hop on one of these new four strokes and see what they have! Would they take your old CR500 in a straight drag?

11. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

dayum! Thats alot worse than my shin. I used to ride freestyle BMX. Had a pedal go straight up my shin and went to the bone. I never went and got stiches. Im sure it needed it. about 2 weeks later, did it again. OMG did that hurt. Still no stiches. Now its just a really long wide scar that i have no feeling or hair.

12. Brians89K5

I don't think that my 500 would loose to my 450. BUT I like my 450 better, its much more trackable and less explosive. Those old 500's are like a light switch, on or off. Takes a good rider to really work one of those bikes. No one liked me at the track they kept complaining about roost.... I was like roost? This is a 500 bro don't ride behind me. Then I re-though what I was saying and remembered behind is where most were with my 500. :D I miss that bike a lot. I I sold it to get the gas to move home from Arizona. Being Broke sucks.

~Brian

13. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yup, that's exactly how mine was, on or off. I learned all about throttle control on that bike. Roost:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: It was always tuff finding riding buddies that wouldn't bitch about not roosting them. My buddy who was on his BUILT yamaha TT convinced me to be a little more considerate after showing me the welts and contusions all over him. Damn that thing could launch some rocks, even in fifth. Ahhh, what memories of blasting across the desert holding on for dear life.

14. Brians89K5

15. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

I have a 05 crf 450, hell of a nice ride. Last august I broke my collar bone, pretty good too. Now I have a nice scar, a titanium plate, and six screws in my clavicle. Plate might be coming back out in a few months. Where else do you ride? I would like to meet up with you guys sometime, I dont usually do starwest alot but I do frequent racetown, elsinore, or I5.

16. AllamericanK5

AllamericanK5 1/2 ton status

Yeah i was riding my buddies yz450 before i got my bike and mine seemed like a pos after coming off of that. Now that i have learn how to ride it i can keep up with him and i can catch him in the turns but he pulls on the straights. I love a track out here is called Watkins. Its pretty fun and not to deathly. Theres another track out here the pros ride its called Thunder Vally and ill go to that one after work on the weekdays its fun but its deff not made for a two stroke. Its def hard i need to get to know that track way better. Maybe with my new power i can do a lil better :D :D Have fun

17. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Nice cut. Makes me miss MX racing..... But that is for young guys. I got too many broke bones and cant take the beating any more. I have ridden with some of the old greats like Malcom Smith, Brad lackey, Rodger deCoster Preston Petty Ect. Had lots of big bore dirt bikes thru the years... CR 500 (Death Machine),
    A couple of Yamaha 500 TT 4 stroke, Kaw KX 500,(another death machine). Honda XR 650.. My first big bore was a 1971 Yamaha 360 MX I bought almost brand new. Back in 1973. So I guess I have been riding big bores for a while.... er.... or ... maby they have been riding me :D :D . Right now I have a Yamaha 490 IT. I love it. It is a great bike for an old man. Not insane power like a CR 500 but I can still get it up to 80 with a blip of the throttle if I want to.
    I love riding dirt bikes more than 4 wheeling It keeps the adrenlin pumping and makes me feel young.:D