Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mount Antenna in the Stock Radio Position?

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by complexmar, Jul 31, 2003.

1. complexmar

complexmar Registered Member

New to this CB thing. I like the idea of using a CB for trails rides and such, but I hate a big hurkin antenna floppin around. Even the idea of a whip bent over or something looks lame to me. Is it possible to use the am/fm radio antenna mount (and maybe a 3-4 footer)?

I only need a mile or so range...

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

If you aren't worried about range then you have a lot of options. You can pick up a 2-3ft magnetic mount and just put it out when on the trail. You could get a regular mirror or ball mount with the standard 3/8x24 thread and use whatever sized whip you want. The fiberglass kind come in ranges from 2ft all the way up to 8ft. You could even use a cheesy glass mount antenna.

I'd say the standard mount would be the best option. That way if you ever want extended range al you have to do is swap the short antenna for a longer one.

If you really don't like the antenna look you also get one of these mounts
    [​IMG]
    so you can easily take it off when not in use.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif